US Open Schedule Top 4 and British watch

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Open Schedule Top 4 and British watch

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 11:23

That was like me on Friday where Andy's match finished around midnight and had to be up the following morning for 6am for work. Though tomorrow I have a little later start at work so at least can have a lie in as I don't start until mid-morning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 21:46

Juan Martin Del Potro looks like he may be on his way out. He now trails Gilles Simon 6-4 6-7 2-6 and looks physically spent. Simon playing a very canny game wearing his man down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 4 Sep 2011 - 23:08

Gilles Simon through to the fourth round after beating Juan Martin Del Potro in four draining sets. Simon now could face Murray should Andy make the quarter-finals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 0:52

Cracking start from Andy winning the first set 6-1 without dropping a point in his serve. To be honest Lopez has been awful but hopefully Andy can motor on and wrap this up in three sets and quickly and conserve energy for bigger challenges ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 1:10

CaledonianCraig wrote:.......... but hopefully Andy can motor on and wrap this up in three sets and quickly and conserve energy for bigger challenges ahead.

Yes....and we can all get back to bed Sleep

Hi Craig.....I wasn't going to watch this but wasn't sleeping very well, so I've got up to watch.

I've got a great livestream!

Come on Andy!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 1:57

Andy in firm control now with a 6-1 6-4 2-0 lead. Not sure what the story is with Lopez though as he has been awful so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 2:17

Andy Murray through to the Fourth Round of the US Open after beating Feliciano Lopez 6-1 6-4 6-2. A very comfortable evening for him but I must say I was very disappointed with Lopez indeed. He just looked totally deflated today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 2:20

CaledonianCraig wrote:Andy Murray through to the Fourth Round of the US Open after beating Feliciano Lopez 6-1 6-4 6-2. A very comfortable evening for him but I must say I was very disappointed with Lopez indeed. He just looked totally deflated today.

Yeah!

My live stream is definitely a few minutes behind the real thing.

I'm off back to bed now....hopefully I'll be able to watch Andy's next match, too.

Night Craig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 18:06

Much improved from Andy. I thought Lopez was going to walk off at one stage, he looked like he wished he could be anywhere else but on prime time Arthur Ashe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 22:22

It was hard to judge that performance by Andy. First set was very good but second and third sets he was a little more scrappy in my opinion. Worryingly, rain is forecast for tomorrow and I can see Andy suffering delays and possibly not completing his match against Donald Young tomorrow. No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 22:30

Andy Murray (weather permitting) is scheduled to be on Arthur Ashe court at 4pm (UK time) tomorrow against Donald Young.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 22:55

I see Andy is up for a 4-00pm kick off tomorrow.

He will either get a hard time from this guy or it will be a walk.

Lets hope for the latter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 23:11

Well it is his first ever Fourth Round match in a slam event and with the fans obviously in his corner he will either rise to the occasion and that could make him dangerous or he won't handle the pressure. I think it is good Andy lost against Young last time out as there won't be any complacency and he'll be out for revenge for Indian Wells.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 17:23

I reckon Andy will get under Donald's skin and start messing with his head. His shots will then start going all over the place. I'm sure Andy won't mind the crowd but rise to the challenge. Oor boy in 3. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 17:53

It looks unlikely he will get on court today because of this rain and rain is forecast for tomorrow as well. Not good at all for Andy and the others in this half of the draw as they will no doubt have to play on back-to-back days later this week. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 18:20

Mark Petchey was interviewing Andy, Ross Hutchins and Colin Fleming earlier (great banter between them) and Andy had said that he had been told to be ready for around 2pm USA time 7pm here, and possibly get an hour or so in. Fingers crossed. They may move the 3 scheduled mens matches onto other courts to get through them, with the doubles/juniors taking a hit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 18:46

The USTA has announced that play has been abandond for today or tonight. Bitter blow for Andy and the others waiting today to play as it puts them at a disadvantage to those in the other half of the draw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 18:53

Our friends across the pond had better not complain about any rain come next Wimbledon!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 18:55

It strikes me as odd as abandoning the whole day's play at around 13.30 (US time). Surely an anbandonment should have been made later in the day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 19:29

So basically, if Andy wins all his next matches to get to the final, he'll be playing 4 matches in 5 days.

Crazy set up for a slam event.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 19:30

Yeah Craig, seems a bit premature, although the satellite footage did not look promising. This makes a mockery of players starting their first round 3 days into the event. Gives distinct advantages to other players. The love it/hate it Super Saturday doesn't help either. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 20:56

Andy is scheduled first match tomorrow, but he is shoved out to Grandstand. Rafa, Roger and Nole are all on Ashe. . .

Second half of the draw is now majorly disadvantaged.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 21:18

This is rubbish. Not sure I like this for Andy, it is a very intimate venue and with a frantic home crowd it must feel claustraphobic in there. Not sure I'll see the start of it either. And Roger and Nole should wait there turn, bloody schedulars!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 21:26

Yes I'll miss it if it starts at 4pm as won't be home from work until around 8.30pm. Ah well my US Open app will earn its corn tomorrow.

Last edited by CaledonianCraig on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 21:26; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 21:26

Jubbahey wrote:So basically, if Andy wins all his next matches to get to the final, he'll be playing 4 matches in 5 days.

Crazy set up for a slam event.

Wouldn't happen to Roger now would it.

However Tsonga is on his hat-trict here dogood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum