US Open Schedule Top 4 and British watch

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: US Open Schedule Top 4 and British watch

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:21

Yes a nice long semi here for Fed and Djoko would help both Nadal and Murray's cause. Djokovic has come alive in the third set and now leads 3-0 so a fourth set looks on the cards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:23

Jubbahey wrote:Yes MT, 1st things first, that massive hurdle that is Nadal, a Beachers Brook of a hurdle.

Hey but they've just made Becher's Brook easier.

http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/83125,news-comment,news-politics,first-reaction-will-changing-bechers-brook-spoil-the-grand-national

sundance

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:35

Looks like a 4th for sure, but I'm still hopeful fed will pull out a better 4th.

thing is djokos got to go 5 sets whatever.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:38

Noles woken up Razz We could be here for the long haul....matchsticks for later anyone???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:44

Boys final looks as if it will be Oli Golding (currently 6-0; 3-0). Kyle Edmond has just broken back 4-5 on serve against J Vesely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:46

MTS1 wrote:Noles woken up Razz We could be here for the long haul....matchsticks for later anyone???

Time wise the best we can hope for is Roger in four, however IF Andy can beat Rafa then I think a Novak final would be preferred.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:50

Surely, a massive match this now for Federer. I mean at Wimbledon he lost a two set lead at a slam for the first time ever and now could it happen for the second set running. That is a sign of something.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:52

Fed is looking a little fatigued. Novak rejuvinated. See saw, see saw...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:54

If Fed loses this you have to ask if it is still in his legs to win gruelling five set matches. No doubting he still has the game but can he now sustain that game over five sets?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 20:56

Off topic for a bit, I was reading an article earlier that Louis Armstrong stadium is being demolished and rebuilt, planning permission given in November 10. No plans for a roof, but scope to add a roof if required confused After this week they may want to rethink that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:00

Yes but the problem is that if Louis Armstrong gets a roof it sort of usurps Arthur Ashe Court as the premier arena at the venue which wouldn't be right. It would be akin to Wimbledon's Number One court having a roof and not the Centre Court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:06

True, but at least some matches could be played. Not sure AA will get a roof any time soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:07

If this goes on much longer.....I'm not sure I'll be staying up to watch Andy...I'm working tomorrow morning.

I'm going to miss he final, too, as I'm working Monday night.

I'm optimistic of Andy's chances tonight.....I think I might go to bed soon....I'll let you lot do all my stressing for me.

Here's the sofa for you .......I hope you won't need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:10

I am working tomorrow morning as well.....but what the hell I'll be here to the bitter (or sweet) end. Where's those Swan Vestas? Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:11

Cheers Sol. Lets hope we don't need to go behind it too often. If you can get a radio on in your work Radio 5 should have it on live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:16

CaledonianCraig wrote:I am working tomorrow morning as well.....but what the hell I'll be here to the bitter (or sweet) end. Where's those Swan Vestas? Laughing

To be totally honest, Craig, I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to watching Andy....I sort of like having an excuse not to put myself through the stress.

What I shall probably do, is go to work then wait till I get home before ckecking the result.......that way I have a few more hours of thinking Andy may be through to the final, when, in reality, he may be out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:21

MTS1 wrote:Cheers Sol. Lets hope we don't need to go behind it too often. If you can get a radio on in your work Radio 5 should have it on live.

I'm a support worker MTS....I'll be spending the evening with someone, in their home, and, unfortunately, they have no interest in tennis lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:22

I am not so stressed just now as my expectations levels are not too high and he has still done very well to get to this stage so anything from here is a bonus for me but hope Andy isn't thinking like that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:22

BTW.....where's Jubba gone? Is he coming back?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:28

CaledonianCraig wrote:I am not so stressed just now as my expectations levels are not too high and he has still done very well to get to this stage so anything from here is a bonus for me but hope Andy isn't thinking like that.

Yes, Craig, you're right he's done really well.

My expectations of Andy are really high at this USO....I've got good vibes about it....he's going to do it this time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:28

I am sure he'll be back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:30

Solerina wrote:
MTS1 wrote:Cheers Sol. Lets hope we don't need to go behind it too often. If you can get a radio on in your work Radio 5 should have it on live.

I'm a support worker MTS....I'll be spending the evening with someone, in their home, and, unfortunately, they have no interest in tennis lol.

Ah, I remember you have said that before. Oh well, sometimes it is better to remain blissfully unaware, and then psyche yourself up to look at the score between your fingers. I've done that before, sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Lets hope its good news for you tomorrow. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:33

Well, there appears to be life in the old dog yet. Was he conserving some energy?????????

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:41

Not too fussed who wins this match now. Been a pretty draining match this and could pass the three and a half hour mark. Mind you I don't expect Andy's match to be a short one either.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 10 Sep 2011 - 21:46

crunch time for fed, must hold to put pressure on Novaks serve.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum