Favourite Nuts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Favourite Nuts

In an effort to encourage more chat.....I thought I'd start a thread about nuts.

I love nuts!

Macadamia nuts are my favs....then cashews.....then almonds.

I like walnuts but they look like brains, which puts me off slightly.

What are your favourite nuts?

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Favourite Nuts :: Comments

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 18:24 by Guest

Nutella (does that count???) Yummy

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 18:35 by Guest

MTS1 wrote:Nutella (does that count???) Yummy
Not really..lol.

Don't you eat nuts, MTS?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 19:02 by Guest

Aw, nutella's full of hazelnuts (or so the ad says) Very Happy
I like all kinds of nuts. I like salt and vinegar; dry roasted; and plain old salted peanuts, walnuts, cashew are really nice, but very salty. need lots of when eating them.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 19:03 by Guest

So good I posted twice

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 19:38 by Guest

MTS1 wrote:So good I posted twice

Lol....I've deleted one for you.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 19:39 by Guest

BTW....what are salt and vinegar nuts.
Can't believe Andy is playing and I'm talking about nuts confused

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 21:32 by Jubbahey

walnuts and port, peanut butter (Skippy only, all the rest taste like soggy farts), brazil nuts in chocolate, wholenut dairy milk.

Yeah, I'm fat, I know it !!

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 21:49 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:walnuts and port, peanut butter (Skippy only, all the rest taste like soggy farts), brazil nuts in chocolate, wholenut dairy milk.

Yeah, I'm fat, I know it !!

I don't know what to say to you, Jubbs......with me being a health and fitness fanatic.

Brazil nuts in chocolate aren't too bad as long as you don't have too many......they're very good for your prostate.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 31 Aug 2011 - 22:24 by Guest

Are you guys all nuts or what lol!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 10:36 by Guest

Brazil nuts in toffee, very moreish and not for sharing. KP Nuts do salt and vinegar variety, they also do cracked pepper but I haven't tasted them yet. I like pistachio's too. The monkey nuts at Halloween, lovely.

I am a little nuts BOO, yes

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 12:42 by Guest

Only nuts I like are cashew nuts. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 13:02 by Guest

I usually buy Neal's Yard nuts from Holland & Barrett, much better value than most other places.

I'm eating some right now....they are great for a quick healthy snack.

I should be made the patron saint of nuts Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 20:02 by Jubbahey

Years ago as a kid, Callard & Bowsers made a toffee called "Plain Jane".

It had bits of nut in it and I loved the taste. Never really knew what kind of nuts they were, but later found out they were Almonds, I thought they were Brazil.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 20:07 by Jubbahey

Off topic, but licorice toffee drives my taste buds wild. I salivate at the mere mention of them [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 14:20 by Guest

I tried to make some toffee, once, It refused to set so I had to eat it with a spoon.

I'm not sure what went wrong confused

I've been making my own nut mix up lately.

I buy bags of cashews, walnuts, macadamias and almonds, and mix them together. I find most bags of mixed nuts contain too many peanuts.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 19:21 by Jubbahey

Yeah, always full of peanuts, which aren't nice unless they're salted or roasted. Monkey Nuts in their shells are tasty though.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 20:13 by Guest

I'm eating some horrible nuts just now.....mixed nuts from Tesco.....very poor quality.....they taste bitter.

I can't leave them alone tho'. Once I start nibbling on nuts, I can't stop.

I had almonds and a banana for my breakfast this morning.....I love to eat food as nature intended....it saves on the cooking and the washing up Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 21:57 by Jubbahey

I didnt know Bananas had nuts, unless it was a male Banana.

You know, I have a problem with Tesco nuts and some of their fruit.

i had a pannet of Nectarines go mouldy, literally in 3 days from the shop. OK they weren't in the fridge, but my office is not exactly hot, its quite cool.

But mouldy ??? thats not right. It happens with the plums sometimes and the cut mixed salad doesnt take long to sour.

when I make a fruit salad or a finely chopped veggie salad, it lasts a few days without going mouldy.

I heavily suspect its the irradiation that does it. Keeping the foodstuff on the shelves that much longer creates a great environment for the bugs to reappear very quickly, esp if there is no good bugs around, as the irradiation kills all of them.

I've never liked the idea of saturating foods with radiation from a block of cobalt. they say its perfectly safe and harmless....well they said that about asbestos, so whats new!

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 15:00 by Guest

Hmmm.......interesting.

I buy mostly organic fruit and veg (mainly from Tesco I'm ashamed to say). I shop for it twice a week and don't have any trouble with stuff going mouldy.

Yes.....bagged salads never last long, do they?

Tho' bagged spinach seems to last surprisingly well, even when opened.

Most the veg I buy goes in the juicer.....I've got some delicious juicing recipes, if anyone's interested.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 18:34 by Jubbahey

Juiced veg kind of turns me a shade of green, but fruit, there you have me, wonderful stuff.

Organic you say, I'll try that, even from Tesco's. If it is as they say, then it shouldn't go through the cobalt machine. I may look into that.

thanks Sol.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 14 Oct 2011 - 22:43 by Guest

That's alright, Jubbs.

Yes, I suppose I should trawl round the local farm shops, buying organic, but I don't have the time or the inclination.

I'm lazy when it comes to shopping....I like to do it all in one place.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum