World Tour Finals

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World Tour Finals

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 15:46

Murray not playing fluently, hampered by a groin strain by the looks of what the trainer was doing at the end of the first set. Ferrer not going away hiding

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 15:52

Murray struggling, he can't push off which is negating both his serve and his return, and he's struggling with the small steps to get close to the ball, hence the UEs. Obviously affecting the more "dynamic" movements this injury.

having said that, he's just broken Ferrer for 4-3 in the second.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 16:18

well that was disappointing, Murray just never looked like winning, Ferrer is not the guy you want to be playing when you're injured is he? poor Andy Sad

Wonder if we'll see him again this year...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 16:19

Ferrer takes it 2-0. Typical Andy now having to do it the hard way with wins over Djokovic and Berdych, which may not even guarantee going through. If that injury doesn't shift he may not be playing Wednesday and Tipsy might get a shout.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 16:22

Must say though Ferrer is one of the most decent sportsmen on the tour His sportsmanship certainly leads the way amongst his peers Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 16:49

Very disappointing result for Andy. He will now find it ultra tough to qualify from his group now but judging by other comments his injury hampered him. I was working so missed the match. Can anyone confirm his injury cost him?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 16:56

Good grief, it appears that Andy is probably not going to win anything other than Masters 1000 as mentally he can't raise his game. Are those people talking on Sky for real???? The guy is injured, he played against one of the players you really don't want to play against when carrying an injury, and got beat, it happens. All the top guys look like they can get beat this week, Rafa was struggling, Roger had a wobble, the difference being they got through, but would they have playing Ferrer? Who knows??? my bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 17:05

CaledonianCraig wrote:Very disappointing result for Andy. He will now find it ultra tough to qualify from his group now but judging by other comments his injury hampered him. I was working so missed the match. Can anyone confirm his injury cost him?

I would say it did Craig although Ferrer played some good tennis but Andy's movement was definitely hampered, not sure how it looks for Wednesday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 17:11

Had a bad feeling about fitness with him and wouldn't be surprised if Novak still has a problem, wouldn't it be funny if one of the outsiders was to win this!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 19:13

like I said Craig, he was struggling to "push off", which really hampered his serve (you could see him wince every time he hit a serve) and his returning game (lost that split second). It also seemed to be hampering his ability to produce those small steps to get into premium position to play the ball. He played loads of forehands on the half-volley because he couldn't make that adjustment, and missed loads of balls because he wasn't in quite the right position (too close or too far away from them).

Against Fish or Tsonga who give up a few cheap points you could maybe get away with it. Against Ferrer, you just can't. We saw it at this year's AO QF. Had nothing to do with mentally raising his game, he just physically couldn't!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 19:13

rumours of Murray pulling out by the way, seems we'll know tomorrow Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:07

Ih he's not 100% I'd sooner he pulled out and recuperated and not risk aggravating the injury and hindering his start to next year to be honest. Australian Open is far more important.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:31

Mad_for_Chelsea wrote:rumours of Murray pulling out by the way, seems we'll know tomorrow Sad

Even though I am going for Wednesday's sessions I would rather he pulled out and not run the risk, but I think it means so much to him in front of a home crowd he will wait until near the match before he makes his decision, he's had to do this before. He'll do what he can. The guy bleeds heart and soul UK scotland

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:49

The way things are going for Novak should make him feel better!

4-0 down and Berdych to serve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:49

Nole 0-4 down in the first set Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 20:54

Nole gets a break back. Can you imagine what a match between Andy and Nole would be like. It would be watching the walking wounded teehee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 21:17

Berdy serving for the first set and gets it 6-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 21:28

Have to say Berdy is playing great tennis. Moving Novak all over the place. Is this the day for a double shock Shocked Though Nole is hitting some good shots as well. This second set looks pretty juicy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 21:39

Nole running away with the 2nd set, break up leads 3-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 21 Nov 2011 - 22:10

Can't see Berdych winning this now that Nole has found top gear.

Prove me wrong Tomas my bad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 10:52

.http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/M...ew-Murray.aspx

Andy's post match presser. He says he has been carrying a groin injury sustained in training a few days after Paris, and he will decide today whether or not to carry on.

He is not going to beat either Djoker or Berdy playing like that - I think it would be best to withdraw and concentrate on getting fit for next year, which starts for him in Brisbane apparently.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 11:15

Yes like I said I'd sooner he pulled out and concentrated on getting fully fit for the start of the new season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 16:13

According to the Daily Telegraph, he did not use his 1pm practice slot today. Looking like a withdrawal from tomorrow's match to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 16:54

A good win for Tsonga today over Mardy Fish. Fish is now almost certainly out of the running for the semis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 17:11

He has pulled out - a wise move but no doubt a lot of fans will be disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum