World Tour Finals

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World Tour Finals

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 17:46

Yes but for the best. Why play on and risk making the injury worse and perhaps damage his build up to the new season? Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 18:43

Its a shame, but we'd all like him to be good to go for the the AO, esp himself.

He's playing Perth again, ain't he ? for the warm up.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 19:31

Brisbane.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 21:34

A stunning win for Roger Federer over Rafael Nadal as he wallops Rafael Nadal 6-3 6-0. At the moment Rafa looks a pale shadow of his old self.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 21:47

Get over to v2 Craig and tell them Rafa was only 50% fit.

That would really get them going!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 22:27

Gosh, what a bunch of smug gits.

Congrats to federer, didn't see the match but the scoreline is quite impressive.

Now I know why I don't post there too much nowadays, excuses when he loses and God status when he wins. Poor old Nadal, where does he go from this.

I bet we will see something different next year, Murray went through a real bad, lean patch and came back stronger. This is Nadal's 2nd foray into bleakness, almost a whole year of half measures this time. Djokovic just compounded any underlying problems Nadal has been having in 2011.

I can't see Rafa making the finals this year unless he pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 22 Nov 2011 - 22:39

He certainly wont relish playing Novak if he does get through.

Saw the match and Federer was awesome but to be honest Rafa was a shadow of his old self.

Two bagels in the last few weeks, who would have thought that possible.

Roger deserved some good tennis this year considering what he has done so far, even losing to the likes of Melzer, and he only won the last two tournaments probably because of a depleted field.

Can he keep it up for 2012, doubtful and wouldn't be surprised if he is not at the O2 next year as I think he may find it difficult keeping in the top eight Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 6:44

The message I posted on here about Federer/Nadal on here I was also going to post a likewise message on 606v2 but found what was already there quite nauseating and so decided against it. Christ many there are neither gracious in defeat nor gracious in victory when it comes to Federer. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 10:50

Greetings from the 02. Fed/Nadal outcome was to be expected IMO. Fed loves this surface and well Nadal loves it a bit less eyew Fed certainly has a mass following in this arena was like being at a teeny bops concert, strange bmu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 10:56

Disappointed not to be seeing Andy but glad he has made the decision to withdraw, he'll also be feeling it by losing the No.3 again if Fed gets to the final as he was in a good position to keep this for the beginning of 2012. Though in the mix of things thats just a identified goal not a major one, lets see him come out guns blazing in Oz Mwahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Nov 2011 - 22:08

Great performance from David Ferrer blowing away Novak Djokovic in straight sets (more comfortably than he beat an injured Murray).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Nov 2011 - 0:07

awesome performance from Ferrer, am I the only one who feels he didn't really get the necessary credit from the commentators tonight? They kept going on about Djokovic's shoulder, how he was tired after a long season, etc. But very little credit to Ferrer who IMO played as well as I've ever seen him. He deserves better than that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Nov 2011 - 5:44

Ferrer played great, and deserved his win. It was a fantastic atmosphere in the 02. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Nov 2011 - 9:00

Well done David - Just waiting on someone using the "shoulder card"!

Most of these players are carrying some form of injury after a long season but nevertheless you cannot take anything away from the Spaniard as he can only play what's in front of him.

Maybe he was the one carrying an injury here last year as he didn't win a set, who knows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 3 Apr 2012 - 22:00

I know I know but I'm all excited. Have booked my tickets for London in November. I have two sessions, 3 rows from the front, near where the players come out and just off the left hand shoulder of the umpire. 1 session 4 rows from front and the other 6 rows from front. Roll on the WTF 2012 sundance

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 14:22

Draw is out. Group A -Djokovic, Murray, Berdych, Tsonga. Group B - Federer, Ferrer, Del Potro, Tipsaravic. If both Andy and Novak win their first games I will get to see them play each other in the mid games as I'm there Wed and Thurs, for first game winners v each other and first game losers v each other. I am now even more excited about being there. Got Fed v Rafa last year albeit Fed ran amok. Life can't get much better, well except for Andy to win the WTF Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 3 Nov 2012 - 14:45

No doubting the tougher group is Group A but still fancy Andy to come through. He always seems to have the measure of Tsonga and the key match I think will be against Berdych. If Andy wins that he should be safely through.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Nov 2012 - 16:44

A good win for Andy in three sets - this was probably one of his biggest challenges me thinks, taking into account the others.

Onwards and upwards!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Nov 2012 - 17:17

Yes BOO I agree. The Djoko match could go either way but I am very confident he will be able to beat Tsonga.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Nov 2012 - 21:11

Good win today against one of the big hitters. More of the same in the next match Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 5 Nov 2012 - 22:23

Djokovic beat Tsonga in straight sets. I'd think the key match for Andy will be against Djoko. If he can get a win in that match it will give him a big boost and I'd be pretty confident he could win the WTF. However, a loss and the whole tournament could fall apart for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 16:34

Andy got off to a very good start against Novak today and took the first set 6-4 but towards the end of the second set somewhat surrendered initiative and Djokovic upped his game to strike back. After that Murray leaked too many errors and Djoko went on the attack whilst Murray went into his shell. Broken early in the third set and Murray looked a beaten man but showed balls of steel to dig in and battle his way back from the brink and drew level at 4-4 in the deciding set. His serve wasn't firing plus Djoko was returning fabulously but he hung tough. In a nailbiting finish it was a matter of whose nerve held in the third set and it was the world No.1 Novak Djokovic who got the job done winning 4-6 6-3 7-5. Novak as good as through to the next stage whilst Andy MUST now beat Tsonga on Friday to reach the next phase. This is further proof to me that these two are very closely matched at the moment as their encounters are always very close. Well played Novak - hard lines Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 17:38

Both looked tired after a long season which is to be expected.

Could have gone either way, Novak is not World Number 1 by luck as some of his returns were incredible.

Andy needs to take out Tsonga in straight sets and hope the other matches fall into place for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 17:48

If Andy puts in a similar performance on Friday he'll blow Tsonga away me thinks. Not too worried as it was another of those matches that could have went either way today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 22:59

My head is spinning, but I think for Andy not to qualify, Berdy would have to beat Nole. Not very likely as the H2H is 10:1 in Djokovic's favour. That's assuming Andy beats Tsonga, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum