World Tour Finals

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: World Tour Finals

Post by Guest on Wed 7 Nov 2012 - 23:17

I am extremely confident Andy will beat Tsonga. If he plays to a similar level as he did today it should be straight forward. Andy's game always matches up well to Tsonga as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 15:59

I think Andy's playing tomorrow evening but it doesn't look like BBC2 will be showing it Sad

Maybe it will be on bet365.

Good luck Andy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 16:07

If not, you should find a stream on livescorehunter.com. I don't have Sky but I pay for tennistv.com so I can watch it on there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 18:43

Well with Novak winning in straight sets against Berdych all Andy needs to qualify for the semis is to win one set against Tsonga!

This should be fairly easy but with Joe having nothing to lose he could prove dangerous and if he was to win in straight sets then Andy would be out.

If you take their past matches, Andy is well in front on matches won so let's hope this continues.

By the way any news on where Jubba is? hasn't been seen for a while!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 20:24

Murray in total control against Tsonga as he leads 5-2 in the first set. If he wins this set he has qualified but I am sure Andy will be keen to win this match.

I am sure Jubba was online the other day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 20:32

Andy Murray takes the first set 6-2 and so qualifies for the semi-finals. I am pretty sure Andy will want to chalk up the win here. Indecisive stuff from Tsonga with Andy being solid enough.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 20:47

Craig - Jubbas last post was 21st October!!

Maybe he is on hols?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 21:01

Hmm perhaps he is on holiday but sure he was online the other day here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 21:39

Andy made a bit of a meal of the second set, but came through with the win so another 200 points in the bag. Now rest and come out fighting in the semi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 21:48

Agreed Decrep. He let his mind wander but pulled through in the end. Well done Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 16:38

Delpo beat Fed in 3 sets, so he qualifies along with Fed, but we have to
wait until this evening's match to see which of them gets the top of
the group and plays Andy tomorrow. I think Tipsy has to beat Ferrer
(yeah right! - unless he has recovered from his virus and the Duracell
Bunny is getting tired) for Delpo to be top of the group.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 21:48

Right. Ferru beat Tipsy, which makes Fed the leader of group B and the one to face Andy tomorrow in the semis. And they have made it the evening match, so no BBC coverage, and less time for the winner to recover before the final.

Thank goodness for the tennistv livestream or I wouldn't be able to see it at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:06

Not long back from London, managed to see Andy v Novak. The atmosphere was fantastic. The noise of the crowd is somewhat muted on tv, the live experience is something else. The roar let out when Andy took the first game of the match on Nole's serve was the loudest I have ever heard, electrifying Very Happy Andy just taken the first game on Federers serve and keeps serve, 2-0

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:28

Even though Andy is a break up, I'm a bundle of nerves!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:36

Yeah, you just can't ever be comfortable watching Andy take on Fed who now leads 5-4 back on serve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 20:59

Fed takes the tiebreak, wins first set 7-6

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 21:01

Oh, b........other.

Andy need to get his first serve % up, he won't win a match against the top guys unless he does. Only 49%.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 21:13

Oh heck. The first serve % drops even further to 48% and Roger breaks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 21:33

Ah well. Loses 7-6 6-2. Roger upped his game and stopped making the silly mistakes he has been making all week, and Andy's first serve was AWOL - ended up at 47%. Enjoy the rest and then training, Andy, and come out strong at the AO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 11 Nov 2012 - 22:17

The crowd tonight seemed to be pretty much pro Roger! and even booed Andy when he changed his racket.

Not much help to him especially when a set and break down!!

Is it the "British" mentality or what?

Anyway the better player won and if anything he and Ivan have plenty to work on for 2013, especially that second serve.

He looked burnt out at the end, but you can't take away that Gold Medal and the USO so all in all his best year yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 12 Nov 2012 - 22:24

Surprisingly (or maybe not) there are many nationalities attending and London is central for Europeans to visit. They call it the London (home) crowd but I would question that. Not even sure Brits were the majority, certainly this was the case from where I was sitting (3 rows from front). It certainly wasn't the crowd at the Olympics that's for sure. But at the end of a long wonderful year for Andy and us fans, the glow of the slam and Olympic win will keep me warm over the cold winter until we arrive in Oz to do it all again Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2012 - 19:46

It was a disappointing end to Andy's season but it cannot diminish what he has achieved this year.

He'll be disappointed that his best game deserted him against Federer and you need top produce your best or close to it to beat Roger. No big deal though as bagging the US Open and Olympic Gold made for the best year of Andy's career to date.

Here is hoping he can now come back refreshed for the Australian Open as I feel if he can produce his best he'll go very close to bagging his second slam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum