Bangkok 250

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bangkok 250

Post by Guest on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 10:43

The draw is out: http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/1720/mds.pdf
I expect Andy will just want a few matches here to warm up for Shanghai, and the draw is quite kind.

Back to top Go down

Re: Bangkok 250

Post by Guest on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 12:10

Thanks for posting that, Decrepitude Smile

I'm expecting Andy to win this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 14:51

In Murrays own words..."time to loosen up and play without any pressure"

I see the Strike Action thread on V2 has attracted the Murray bashers to wade in.

I can't actually see any difference now between V2 and the old 606, apart from the fact that there are less complaints and deletions compared to the old BBC habit of throwing your opinion to the Mods and waiting to see if they agreed or not.

Ho hum.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 16:31

I haven't been back there since I joined here. . .

Admittedly I'm on quite a few tennis forums, so can afford to drop the ones that drive me mad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 17:27

V2 is now, in my opinion, worse than 606 as it has already alienated Rafael Nadal fans from the board and is now doing the same with Murray fans. The lions share of them are Federer fans with an axe to grind and frankly I really feel I am wasting my time there as any pro-Murray posts are ridiculed and anything he says or does he is pounced on and berated for. Pathetic really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 19:16

CaledonianCraig wrote:V2 is now, in my opinion, worse than 606 as it has already alienated Rafael Nadal fans from the board and is now doing the same with Murray fans. The lions share of them are Federer fans with an axe to grind and frankly I really feel I am wasting my time there as any pro-Murray posts are ridiculed and anything he says or does he is pounced on and berated for. Pathetic really.

Yes Craig I have virtually stop posting, waste of time really but keep up the good work over there but do yourself a favor and dont waste a lot of time or energy trying to reason with the likes of JM, he is a "plank", he was one on the old 606 and will continue to be so.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 24 Sep 2011 - 20:35

Bogbrush called himself a "sensitive" poster the other day.

I wanted to point out the failings of that small piece of claptrap, but I think most of us new what an absurd statement that was.

I also refrained from trying to placate his consternation at the amount of criticism he gets whenever he bashes Murray or as he calls it....."Mentioning" his name.

If I didnt know better, I'd have thought V2 was the home for retired comedians, if they were funny in the first place.

Going off topic, naughty naughty me.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 11:23

Andy's first match will be against Michael Berrer of Germany, who beat qualifier Chiudinelli in the first round. 31years old, ranked #88, Berrer is the man Andy (on one leg) beat in straights at Roland Garros this year in their only meeting so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 27 Sep 2011 - 14:23

Berrer's not had a good year at R88, losing most of his tournies early on.

Looks like more disappointment for they guy after beating Chiudinelli in the 1st round.

A nice cake walk for Murray until at least the 4th round.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 16:11

The match is not before 7.30 pm local, so 1.30pm UK time I believe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 15:53

Andy Murray safely through in straight sets 6-4 6-2. He now faces either Simone Bolelli or Grigor Dimitrov in the quarter-finals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 16:23

Has a good chance of picking up 250 points here which in turn would reduce the gap to Federer to under a 1000points in the rankings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 16:37

There is no reason whatsoever why Andy can't and won't win this tournament. As you say BOO it will really put him right on the tale of Roger Federer in the rankings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 17:22

It will be Dimitrov tomorrow, at not before 7pm (1pm UK time)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 16:06

Another comfortable win for Andy, 6-4 6-4. Dimitrov came out with all guns firing and posed a problem or two (just slight) until Andy got him figured and cruised through. The Bulgarian looks like he will be a dangerous player if ever he learns any patience, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 16:16

Read that he said he was serving well but was still trying to get over "Jet Lag" which he always gets when travelling east!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 19:51

A decent enough win for Andy and next up the bigger challenge of Gilles Simon but I'd be disappointed if Andy lost that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 20:54

CaledonianCraig wrote:A decent enough win for Andy and next up the bigger challenge of Gilles Simon but I'd be disappointed if Andy lost that.

Andy has played him six times over the last four years and has won all six so he must be favourite.

Hope he has got over the Jet Lag!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 22:03

I assume that is one of his main reasons for playing this small tournament - getting over the worst of the jet-lag before the big and even bigger ones of the Asian Swing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 22:08

Decrepitude wrote:I assume that is one of his main reasons for playing this small tournament - getting over the worst of the jet-lag before the big and even bigger ones of the Asian Swing.

Well I think another big reason is to rack up ranking points as he sees an opportunity to pass Roger Federer and move to No.3 in the world. He said during the US Open he hoped to move up in the rankings soon and has repeated that during this tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 22:09

Decrepitude wrote:I assume that is one of his main reasons for playing this small tournament - getting over the worst of the jet-lag before the big and even bigger ones of the Asian Swing.

Probably but the $107k first prize + a similar amount in appearance money? helps pay the teams wage bill lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 22:26

No it is definitely for ranking points as he bids to overtake Roger Federer as these comments made by him backs that up:-

These weeks in Asia are an opportunity," Murray said after his match, about his aim to claim Federer's number three spot in the world rankings.

"There is not a huge margin between us (a few hundred ranking points) and it's something I'd like to do by the end of the year."

"After the US Open I set a few goals: one is to try for number three and the other is to do better at the World Tour Finals in London."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 10:46

A decent enough start by Andy. An early break and he leads Simon 4-2. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 10:54

Andy Murray wins the firtst set 6-2 and looking good now for a spot in the final.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 11:15

Simon fighting back and is a break up in the second set leading 3-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum