Which Slam will Murray win first ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Slam will Murray win first ?

Which Slam will Murray win first and why do you think so ?

Personally ?

I still feel Wimbledon is where he will break his duck, even though he excels on HC. I base that on his own confidence levels going in to that event. He was a set up for the first time against Nadal at Wimbledon 2011 and was playing the type of tennis we know he can play, in fact his whole tournament there was a marked improvement from his earlier attempts. And it is also there that he gets his incredible support from the fans, prob the biggest he will get anywhere in the world for obvious reasons, and it may have to be the fans that help carry him to his first Slam title, not just his skill and determination.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Which Slam will Murray win first ? :: Comments

Post on Thu 29 Sep 2011 - 16:45 by Guest

I would be more drawn towards saying the Australian Open as he has been runner-up there twice in the last two years now.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 10:15 by Jubbahey

If he could get to a Wimbly final, it would be a major breakthrough for him and his confidence level would shoot up.

I dont care who was in the final against him, I'm not sure it would make any difference, but with the support he can get, it would be such a massive undertaking, I think it would break the mould and he may well achieve a higher standard of focus.

So much pressure that it would dissolve into something else.

Not sure what I mean, but sometimes you get so high on pressure moments that complete calm takes over and replaces it. Thats when total focus is applied and when Murray hits that's level, there's not many people who can beat him when he's in that mood.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 8:50 by Guest

Good article - worth reading

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bbnSz

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 9:52 by Jubbahey

Thats a refreshing look at the new Murray.

Nice to see some genuine optimism from the other side of the lake. I know they don't have the same kind of intense, hyper media speculation that plagues Andy over here and he has got a fair nuimber of supporters in the USA, but its nice to see an up to date, balanced view of his game and how it may change his fortunes.

Thanks for that BOO.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 14:11 by Guest

Yes, thanks for posting that, Boo Smile

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 6 Aug 2012 - 22:36 by Jubbahey

So, now that Andy has succeeded in virtually winning a pseudo SW19 5 setter against the No1 player in the world, has that changed anyone's opinion of which slam he will win 1st ?

It looks more likely that the next slam will feature a more robust, determined and confident Murray than ever before and with his now more apparent aggressive shot making, it's difficult to think that he'd not do it before 2013's Wimbledon.

maybe that dream of mine was not so far from coming true after all, he did still lift a golden trophy at SW19 first...

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 7 Aug 2012 - 0:34 by Guest

I would stick with my prediction from just under a year ago - The Australian Open. He always performs very well on that surface and although many tip him to win the US Open I favour the Australian Open where his record is so much more impressive.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 8 Aug 2012 - 19:04 by Guest

I can't imagine the expectations that will be put on Andy at Wimbledon 2013 by the British public, media frenzy etc but the Andy who played the Olympic final will take some beating there. I think if he plays his A game in the slams then he can take any of them (esp if its not Nadal he faces in Roland Garros) so US Open next.....well maybe, just maybe.....

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum