[7] STEPANEK, Radek CZE v DEVVARMAN, Somdev IND
QUALIFIER v GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo ESP
QUALIFIER v ANDUJAR, Pablo ESP
NISHIKORI, Kei JPN v [3] FERRER, David ESP

[8] MONACO, Juan ARG v DODIG, Ivan CRO
NALBANDIAN, David ARG v ROSOL, Lukas CZE
NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN v BOGOMOLOV JR., Alex USA
BAGHDATIS, Marcos CYP v [2] MURRAY, Andy GBR

First round against Baggy, who lost in the Kuala Lumpur final today. At least they will be equally tired (or maybe not, considering how Andy cruised through today's match in 47 minutes!)

Back to top Go down

Re: ATP Tokyo 500

Post by Guest on Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 22:26

Thanks for posting this, Decrepitude Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 22:41

That could be very tricky as Baggy has a knack of giving Andy problems.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 2 Oct 2011 - 22:51

Yeah, baggy is still an out and out fighter, but for me Murray has improved to a new level since they last met, and Marcus hasn't.

Its a shame, because Baggy was on the up, but met Agassi in that final, much like Murray V Nadal at times and was ultimately blown away after giving his everything to win it. He still plays like that, tooth and nail.

Don't think he'll cause too much of a problem for Andy though.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 18:00

Andy and Jamie in the doubles today, tight match but got there in the end.
When I was on holiday in Cyprus some local lads gave me some gossip in relation to Baggy that he never achieved his full potential as he is too keen on the party night life, I wonder if that's true. Anyway heres to Andy for a straight sets victory tomorrow. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 4 Oct 2011 - 22:22

A pity it's on at stupid o'clock. I'm not getting up in the cold and dark just to watch livescores, I'm afraid (I have done it in the past, but I'm older and wiser!). Good luck Andy, play well.

It's a bit daunting - not only does the H2H favour Baggy, but every time Andy has played doubles with Jamie he has lost first round in either singles or doubles. They won their first doubles match. . . Time to break that little habit, Andy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 8:00

Andy Murray currently in action against Marcos Baghdatis and after a break of serve for either player early on it is back on serve at 3-3 in the first set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 8:37

After a very tight first set, where he saved one set point Andy Murray wins the first set 7-6 (7-4). Right off to the dentist now but hopefully Andy won't let this lead slip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 10:14

Andy wins but he doesn't half make it hard.

I think at times he is a bit of a masochist lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 11:07

Decrepitude wrote:
It's a bit daunting - not only does the H2H favour Baggy, but every time Andy has played doubles with Jamie he has lost first round in either singles or doubles. They won their first doubles match. . . Time to break that little habit, Andy!

One bad habit duly broken!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 16:15

A win is a win but would have preferred a straight sets one as this is just draining energy for later rounds. Still well done Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 18:51

Baggy can be a tricky customer when he is on form, so glad to see Andy get through this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 5 Oct 2011 - 20:52

Next up for Andy is a matcjh against Alex Bogomolov Jnr. I am hoping for a more straight forward win for Andy there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 9:17

Andy beats Bogomolov 6-1 6-2 in under an hour serving eleven aces.

He played well and was never under any pressure from the American.

Now into the Q/F's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:47

Thanks for that, Boo.

Well done, Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 13:54

The brothers won their doubles match too - next match Saturday, so looking like a heavy Saturday schedule for Andy if he beats Nalby tomorrow. That match is 4th on centre court.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 18:37

Good days work for the Murray bros. Andy's on a good run just now, don't see Nalby troubling him (but whadda I know Very Happy )

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 18:47

The old USO blues dont seem to have affected him this time round, which is a good sign. Not getting too fazed by a loss to the big guns isnt doing the damage it did the last few times it has happened in a slam.

Maybe this is a turning point, an unrehearsed or unexpected one, but a point from which we may see a new Murray at a slam in the last four.

Dare I say it, but maybe Andy has had a eureka moment and understands that his losses to the top 3 are a learning curve and not the end of the world for him when it happens.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 19:28

Jubbahey wrote:The old USO blues dont seem to have affected him this time round, which is a good sign. Not getting too fazed by a loss to the big guns isnt doing the damage it did the last few times it has happened in a slam.

Maybe this is a turning point, an unrehearsed or unexpected one, but a point from which we may see a new Murray at a slam in the last four.

Dare I say it, but maybe Andy has had a eureka moment and understands that his losses to the top 3 are a learning curve and not the end of the world for him when it happens.

We as fans of Andy want that first slam as much as he does, but he is keeping GB right up there on the World tennis map and in turn must be the envy of much larger countries such as the USA and France who have many more players but pick up virtually nothing in the way of silverware!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 19:38

Its great the Davis Cup junior team have done so well lately, and I wonder how much of that was Murrays presence on the world stage and his influence through the media exposure of him.

I also think that the kids dont take notice of the grownups slagging him off, they just see him as a great player I'm sure.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Oct 2011 - 19:45

I do believe Andy is now on a winning streak of having won 18 of his last 19 matches. Impressive stuff - next up David Nalbandian.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 7:51

Andy will be in action in the next hour or so against Argentina's David Nalbandian. A dangerous opponent who had a training match yesterday double the length of Andy's romp. I am quietly confident Andy can seal a semi-final spot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 9:55

Matches before taking a loooooong time - looking more like 10.30 for Andy's match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 14:14

Andy won 6-4 7-5. There were a lot of long rallies and he looked a bit tired by the end - his serving level dropped and he was broken twice towards the end of the second set. Luckily Nalby also tired and was broken 3 times!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 18:27

Go Andy. Another fine win under his belt Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: