ATP Tokyo 500

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP Tokyo 500

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 19:45

Reading the match report, Nalby began to return better and put a bit of pressure on Andy's serve, prob the first time for a while that has happened lol.

Got himself out of a hole again, things looking more like a Nadal/Murray final if Andy can get past what I presume will be a Fish semi.

Mardy does like to play strong for a couple of sets, so Andy will have to be stronger and more aggressive to start off with.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 20:16

No Jubba Mardy Fish is playing Rafael Nadal. For Andy Murray he has a semi-final against No.3 seed David Ferrer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 21:05

woops. lost in translation somewhere.

But the analogy actually still makes sense against Ferrer.

It will be interesting to see how Murray faces up to David as the Spaniard has a good range of shots.

Prob for Ferrer is that he has never beaten Andy on HC (0-3), (but is 3-0 up on clay).

I think Murray will have to have a bad day at the office to get beaten by Ferrer tomorrow.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 21:59

I would expect Andy to win but it won't be easy. On this surface though you always have to go for Andy to make it 20 wins in his last 21 matches.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 22:33

See you are mixing it with "Tennis Experts" on v2 jubba!

According to nitb they might as well cancel 2012 as Nole is going to win all the slams lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 7 Oct 2011 - 23:12

Yes, I've been topping it the nob.

ah, the invincible Novak.

I have to admit he's playing well, but sooner or later, someone will find the chink or chinks and the playing field will be level again, although Federer enjoyed a long time at the top.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 6:48

A storming start from Andy Murray in his semi-final. He leads David Ferrer 4-1 in the first set and a double break up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 8:00

6-2 6-3 win for Andy now into the final

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 9:34

I dragged myself out of a nice warm bed to watch this. . . but it was well worth it (I did miss the first six games but watched them later).

Great to watch him playing like this - much more aggressive than normal, but not stupidly so. Good luck against Rafa tomorrow, Andy.

Oh no! another stupid o'clock start!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 13:12

Gonna be a busy day for Andy tomorrow he has only gone and won the doubles semi final with Jamie. Two finals in one day, wowzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 14:04

Great news! Go Andeee and Jamie!!! ... ....and good luck!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 14:42

A doubles double if they're both successful, c'mon Andy, you can do it.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 21:45

For those that have SKY highlights of the final will be shown on Sky Sports3 at 6-30pm.

That is Rafa v Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 7:19

Not a great first set from Andy as Rafael Nadal takes it 6-3. It is time for Andy to up his game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 7:46

An early break in the second set for Andy. That is more like it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:06

Get in there. Andy Murray takes the second set 6-2 and it is all down to a decider.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:21

Andy breaks again at the start of the deciding set. If he can hold his serve together then the Japan Open could be his.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:30

Its looking good for him now Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:37

Wow. Andy seals the Japan Open by blowing Rafael Nadal away in the last two sets to win 3-6 6-2 6-0.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:39

Best he has played for a long time and a good victory.

Well done Andy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:43

Brilliant Andy!! And with his brother applauding on the side lines, lets hope there is another winning match in the Murray camp today

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:51

A mightily impressive second and third set where he blew Rafa away dropping only two games with a bagel in there. Very sweet win and improves his head-to-head record over Rafa a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 9:09

Yep, although for me at times like this it leaves a bitter sweet taste of victory when Rafa beats him in the slams and Andy having the unfortunate position of always being in his side of the draw. Of course slams are a different beast but still maybe this bodes well for next years 4 big un's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 9:13

Well, that was well worth getting out of a nice warm bed at 5.45 into a cold, dark, house for! Rafa only won 4 points in the 3rd set.

Andy showed great mental strength after a very bad start, then gradually got better and better until in the last set he was supreme.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 9:13

MTS1 wrote:Yep, although for me at times like this it leaves a bitter sweet taste of victory when Rafa beats him in the slams and Andy having the unfortunate position of always being in his side of the draw. Of course slams are a different beast but still maybe this bodes well for next years 4 big un's.

Well the more wins Andy can amass over the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic is all beneficial to him. It keeps confidence up and increases belief that he can beat these guys ands works in reverse with the other guys so all good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum