ATP Tokyo 500

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: ATP Tokyo 500

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 9:40

CaledonianCraig wrote:
MTS1 wrote:Yep, although for me at times like this it leaves a bitter sweet taste of victory when Rafa beats him in the slams and Andy having the unfortunate position of always being in his side of the draw. Of course slams are a different beast but still maybe this bodes well for next years 4 big un's.

Well the more wins Andy can amass over the likes of Nadal, Federer and Djokovic is all beneficial to him. It keeps confidence up and increases belief that he can beat these guys ands works in reverse with the other guys so all good.

Amen to that

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 10:40

First blood to the Murray brothers 6-1. Andy will become the first player this season to lift both singles and doubles at the same ATP world tournament if they get the win. Come on..............................

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 11:05

...... and the brothers get the break in the second, now serving at 4-3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 11:15

GS&M Andy and Jamie Murray. What a great day for both of them. Judy will be beaming.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 11:19

Tokyo champion, courtesy of Andy on fb

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 15:49

Wow, wow and thrice wow, what a difference from the last infusion of Murray tennis at the US open.

The transition is amazing, just what we have all asked of him and he's come up with it in spades. 6-0 syas it all really

I know its the old 3 setter thing, but he took Nadal apart from the seams, with a close 1st set he just got better and better. A pretty optimistic Jubbahey will now look forward to Shanghai and a "very" strong Murray contending the crown for the first time I will have watched it.

Where has this Murray been for so many years, its almost like he's thrown caution to the wind because there is no wind. I'm loving it, but then again I'm a bit of a fair weather fan LOL.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 16:22

Nadal one of the Greatest players ever, only won four points in the third set going down to a bagel by Andy.

Not a bad entry for Andy's CV - even Novak couldn't do that, and as Andy said probably will never be repeated by anyone (unless Rafa has to play with one leg lol!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 16:26

Hi BOO, I saw that on V2....and yes what a great accolade for the lad, his 1st bagel against Nadal ?? quite an acheivement.

My foe list on V2 is growing by the hour, from 2 its now 5 lol!

It makes such a difference not seeing all the slagging off littering the threads, just looking at sensible posts about tennis without the need to think up a reply to some monomaniacal loony version of history or facts.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 16:58

Jubbahey wrote:Hi BOO, I saw that on V2....and yes what a great accolade for the lad, his 1st bagel against Nadal ?? quite an acheivement.

My foe list on V2 is growing by the hour, from 2 its now 5 lol!

It makes such a difference not seeing all the slagging off littering the threads, just looking at sensible posts about tennis without the need to think up a reply to some monomaniacal loony version of history or facts.

I think YI Man has rattled a few cages, but one swallow doesn't make a summer as the saying goes.

If he/ they can police the site and cut out a lot of the " bad stuff" then it might encourage a few of us to post there more often.

I had a look at the Eurosport site and the comments for his victories (doubles included) are mostly positive, with only a few of the football wums and bigots posting!

Nothing like the old 606 doh2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 17:22

Fair play to Y I Man. Don't you just love how the WUM's try to explain away their comments as 'valid criticism' or 'constructive debate worthy of discussion'. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway well done Andy and this win moves him a step closer to that No.3 ranking in the world.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 18:52

Yep, its something I'm getting bored saying, but with freedom of speech comes great responsibility which of course the wums will never appreciate ergo they are called as such.

when I was a mod for a short while on V2, I PM'ed the likes of Tenez and said, "You are welcome on here with a clean slate, as long as you dont post antagonising stuff"

Which is a cut down version, but basically I said keep it clean and ignore any posters reference to your 606 persona. If they do PM me about it.

That lasted about 3 weeks before I saw the same old stuff dredged up for no other purpose but to wind people up, as most of us then were ex 606'ers and knew his form. He knew ours too, and he was the first to begin the Nadal bashing which kind of opened the flood gates.

I did try, but obviously he will never change or others like him.

So is there any point in arguing with them ?

Like I say, I've foed....
Tenez
Josiah Maiestas
luciusmann
emancipator
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

and the list is growing, but it really does cream off the scum from an article.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 21:58

After the recent post by YI Man and yours and CC's discussion about v2 I ventured in again earlier this evening. Yes YI Man has put himself about but I think this is a losing battle. A lot of the posts that are going on in there are pathetic. Little or poor mention of Andy's two wins today which is quite an achievement for any professional player whether you are a Murray fan or 'impartial' as some claim to be. Sorry but its just not for me, not yet. Still a few of you are persevering, I've given it up as a lost cause. Sad I wonder if any other player rather than Andy or possibly Rafa had achieved this there would be a lot more fanfare going on, sad really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 22:07

Yes it is all very sad really. However, it was somewhat inevitable. After all the WUM's had to go somewhere from old 606 and 606v2 was the most advertised one so many turned up there.

I think the one good thing about 606 was your ability to delete others posts once you started a thread. At least that way you could take great pleasure in not allowing WUM's to bad mouth players on your thread.

The WUM's won't leave 606v2 and it would seem the idea of a seperate section for sensible posters only has fallen by the wayside for some reason - shame as with the right people invited in it may have worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 10 Oct 2011 - 15:01

This is fantastic news!!!!

Well done Andy (and Jamie)

I'm full of optimism now, for Andy's future

This is the first I'd heard about Andy's win.....I've been busy working most the weekend...I logged in quickly to v2 yesterday evening, for an update on Strictly, and I clean forgot about Andy Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 8:09

Hi Everyone Been wanting to pop over since Sunday but been side tracked but better late than never.

Congratulations to Andy on his fantastic win on Sunday. He played great, best I think I've seen all year, and Rafa just didn't have any answers. That last set was out of this world and much as I adore Rafa, all I could do was sit back and marvel at Andy's tennis.

And of course well done to the Murray brothers on their doubles win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 8:31

Thanks crc lets hope both can meet each other more often in "finals" without the other two!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 10:19

Hi cats, I'm not sure anyone could have stood up to the Murray onslaught that day in the last set.

Not sure where its coming from, but maybe a bit of Rafa's confidence is rubbing off on him.

I still love Nadals optimism despite a string of losses. Always bigging himself up and looking ahead to the next tournie, never really gets himself down or depressed when he loses, we know he doesnt like to lose and I can only see him taking some time out to find a way up and forward.

Still, I'm pretty gobsmacked by Murays new style, its something we've all banged on about for some time, but to see it in fruition and with such gusto is breath taking.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 10:44

I think it's great and hopefully will shut some of the vocal anti-Andy brigade up.

But please Andy, don't bagel Rafa again, it's not nice. (Was looking for the smack botty smiley but you haven't got one!).

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 19:19

Smack botty smilie !!! LOL! I'll see if I can find one for you Cats.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 19:37

Jubbahey wrote:Smack botty smilie !!! LOL! I'll see if I can find one for you Cats.

Got mine smacked today on the Rafateers but it is quite painless lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 19:39

How about this one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 19:41

Ouch !!

but who's smacking Andy though ???

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 19:46

Thanks for that one Dec, its now been added.

that should cheer Cats up a bit.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 6:03

I love that smiley

Good luck to our boys today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 10:35

I like the synchronised smacking of the two smilies.....LOL