Australian Open

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Australian Open

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 15:50

Poor old Beardy, got hit with a tennis ball, as if thats never going to happen, and wont shake the guys hand. Proper girls blouse and the Aussies are going to rub that in for a long time.

Thats one thing I like about the OZ's, they share our sense of sportsmanship. I suppose thats why they have warmed to Murray with his own sense of propriety, in apologising to Llodra in a most sportsmanlike manner.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 15:54

My Virgin media is flashing/blinking, esp on Eurosport, goddamnit. Got a techie in yesterday, replaced the V+ box, but as soon as he left, 5mins later, its doing the same thing. AARRGGHH!!. It even records blinking too.

Now got to fix another repair before the Q's, I dont want to have my viewing spoilt all next week too.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 18:41

Jubbahey wrote:My Virgin media is flashing/blinking, esp on Eurosport, goddamnit. Got a techie in yesterday, replaced the V+ box, but as soon as he left, 5mins later, its doing the same thing. AARRGGHH!!. It even records blinking too.

Now got to fix another repair before the Q's, I dont want to have my viewing spoilt all next week too.

Aaaw...Jubbs, I hope you get it sorted.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 20:18

Off to get a few hours shut eye now before the Murray match. Last thoughts are that I really cannot see anything other than a Murray win tonight and it should be in straight sets considering Kukushkin is ranked in the 90's. A nice swift win inside two hours for Andy would be just what the doctor ordered.

Best of luck Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 20:55

Thanks Sol, its not like I can't watch it, but it will blink off 5 or 6 times occasionally, when its an important shot or serve ! Sod's law I suppose.

Just seen the vid of Beardy's hissy fit, and I have to say, his interview is hilarious, not one second of it was without the crowd booing him. Never seen that kind of behaviour before from the punters.

Quite invigorating in a way.

I get up at 6am, so the match will be over by then, V+ on record it will be, so might be able to watch a few games before setting off, then I can watch the rest when I come back at 9am for a couple of hours.

Good luck Andy ! Uk forever

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 1:42

Andy Murray about to step onto court and the weather is scorching hot so it is imperative Andy gets this job done as quickly as possible and gets out of the heat and rests up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 2:19

Just what the doctor ordered - Andy wraps up the first set 6-1 in just 22 minutes. Plain sailing so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 2:41

This is a cakewalk. Murray leads 6-1 6-1 inside 45 minutes and Kukushkin looks jaded and beaten. Kukushkin has yet to hold serve in the match. Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 2:48

And Mikhail Kukushkin quits when broken at the start of the third set with Murray leading 6-1 6-1 1-0. It means he is off court inside fifty minutes so that is a bonus for him. He awaits probably Jo-Wilifried Tsonga in the quarter-finals as he leads Nishikori one set to nil.

Job done Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 3:35

Thanks for the commentary Craig.

It was all over by the time I got up lol.

Well done Andy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 5:42

Andy's chances have been boosted further as Kei Nishikori has beaten Jo-Wilifried Tsonga in a marathon five set match spanning three and a half hours. Nishikori fully deserved the win as Tsonga hit a crazy amount of unforced errors (around 70) but surely now the Japanese player's stamina will be sapped as he had already featured in one other five set match and a four set match earlier in the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 9:32

Looking good for a classic match against Novak.

If that were to happen I would hope Rafa could also take out Federer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 10:14

BOO wrote:Looking good for a classic match against Novak.

If that were to happen I would hope Rafa could also take out Federer.

Never mind Nadal I think Del Potro may even take the Fed out tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 11:00

Bit of a damp squib Kukuskin today, didnt think he played well or was really injured, that massage break was uncalled for, even the commentators thought it was a bit of oneupmanship.

Still, its a win and a good workout for Andy, though he will be really tested for the first time this tournament against Nishikori, if Kei can get 100% fit for the match.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 12:20

It wasn't enough of a workout, he said he was going to go and practice after the match!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 18:28

Well I did get up to watch Andy, just in from work and am knackered Sleep . Great quick win at this stage of the slam is excellent news, although I think Andy was wanting another few games, even in the boiling heat. Its a nice turn of events that Andy has had Monfils and Tsonga taken out before he had to meet them, making his draw that little bit easier.
I think Delpo and Berdy will give Rafa and Roger some tough games tomorrow. There may be another shock on the cards.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 19:54

I was pleasantly surprised how hard Djokovic was pushed today by Hewitt to put some miles into Djoko's legs prior to a potential semi-final against Andy. It also shows that surely Andy should be expecting to take at least a set off Novak. I mean if a 30+ past his best Hewitt can do it then why not Andy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 21:25

Mmmm, food for thought there CC, maybe Hewitt had the crowd booing Djoko every time he hit the ball LOL, they had some good practice on Beardy.

As long as he performs better against the top 3, then I'll be a happier man. Small increases in form going into the 2nd week is good, we'll have to see how far Nishikori pushes Murray, he needs a good competitive match to iron out a few worrying lapses before the big guns.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 23 Jan 2012 - 21:35

Jubbahey wrote:Mmmm, food for thought there CC, maybe Hewitt had the crowd booing Djoko every time he hit the ball LOL, they had some good practice on Beardy.

As long as he performs better against the top 3, then I'll be a happier man. Small increases in form going into the 2nd week is good, we'll have to see how far Nishikori pushes Murray, he needs a good competitive match to iron out a few worrying lapses before the big guns.

Totally agree on all points. Even if Andy beats Nishikori and goes down against Djokovic in say five sets I'll see that as a positive. The Lendl effect will not kick in just now as it is too soon but I'll expect to see improvements by Wimbledon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 7:49

Roger Federer is through to the semi-finals of the Australian Open beating Juan Martin Del Potro in straight sets 6-4 6-3 6-2. He now awaits the winner of the Nadal/Berdych match in the semis.

Sure Roger played well but I think they were going OTT on the praise for the performance saying nobody could live with him in that form. Del Potro was broken early in each set allowing Fed to relax in a position of command but Del Potro had chances. He broke Fed towards the end of the first set and threw away a golden chance to break in the second set and well though Del Potro played it lacked the dynamacism that the top players in the world can and will play against Federer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 8:17

Andy Murray will start his QF against Kei Nishikori at not before 3.30 am (UK Time) tomorrow. Set your alarms.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 20:29

I may stagger downstairs for half an hour to see how Andy is playing, then stagger back up again.

I really appreciate all your comments on here, they help me keep up with what's going on Down Under...so thanks Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 20:39

I really am worried as I am so calm about tonight's match. Basketball

As for the other half of the draw I think Roger Federer has to be favourite now. Rafa had a long, long battle against Tomas Berdych that last well over four hours whilst Fed came through in around half that time. I have a feeling that could be telling.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 20:50

CaledonianCraig wrote:I really am worried as I am so calm about tonight's match. Basketball

As for the other half of the draw I think Roger Federer has to be favourite now. Rafa had a long, long battle against Tomas Berdych that last well over four hours whilst Fed came through in around half that time. I have a feeling that could be telling.

So it's a Murray v Federer final then with Andy winning at the third attempt against Roger sundance

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 24 Jan 2012 - 20:57

Oh, god, that means that Simon Read may well get his prediction right. Federer in the final at the AO.

Oh well, by the laws of average, he had to get something close sometime.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum