Australian Open

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Australian Open

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 6:06

That's better. Andy Murray takes the third set to lead 4-6 6-3 6-4 in just over two and a half hours so whatever happens he is set to have an over three hours First Round match. Not ideal especially as Djokovic sprinted through his First Round match dropping only two games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 6:46

Andy Murray seals a spot in the Second Round beating Ryan Harrison 4-6 6-3 6-4 6-2 in just under three and a quarter hours. A tricky match which Andy finally came through pretty well but he wasn't at his best. Hopefully, this long match won't come back to haunt him later in the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 7:16

Next up for Andy Murray in the Second Round on Thursday is a match against world No.101 Roger Vasselin of France. It should be a little more straight forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 12:17

Watched the match and Harrison who had nothing to lose and he started well.

However he wasn't going to maintain it, and Andy didn't let him (stepping up a gear), however any first round encounter is always difficult, and Harrison was the most dangerous that any of the top four had to play.

However onwards & upwards for Andy dogood

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 17:25

One down, 6 to go Very Happy

I'm sure a nice ice bath was in order after that match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 17:36

It was also a boost to see possible quarter-final opponent Tsonga stretched equally to four sets and was pressed that little bit harder. First impression of the Lendl effect possibly was that Andy didn't let his emotions show too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 17:42

CaledonianCraig wrote:It was also a boost to see possible quarter-final opponent Tsonga stretched equally to four sets and was pressed that little bit harder. First impression of the Lendl effect possibly was that Andy didn't let his emotions show too much.

Agree CC, a few seeded players had to play 4 or 5 sets today, and Andy's opponent has the potential to do some damage, but in the end Andy ground him down, which wouldn't be pleasant in that heat today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 19:58

It is worth remembering that six seeds were knocked out in the First Round and Del Potro was stretched to four sets and Dolgopolov was stretched to five sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 17 Jan 2012 - 21:31

I caught the last set this morning just saw him win before leaving for work Smile

I thought he played a lot of pecentages in that 4th set until he broke and then he just went up a gear, good to see. And some good support from Lendl, understanding Harrisons game plan and the fact it was a difficult 1st round match.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 7:41

Today Roger Federer had a walkover as Andreas Beck withdrew with a back injury. Plain sailing for Rafa Nadal and Juan Martin Del Potro who won in straight sets but No.8 seed Mardy Fish has lost in straight sets and John Isner and Dolgopolov are both in struggles to stay in the tournament.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 8:14

Andy Murray is fourth up on Hisense Arena tomorrow so his match should be starting around 6 or 7 am. It means I'll only see part of the match (if its 7am) but might see all if its 6am as I will be leaving for work. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 18:46

I'm hoping for more of a 'just after 5am' start, which would suit me before going to work.

The plus side is that I would hope Andy doesn't spend too much time on court and complete this in 3 easy sets, then I can go to work happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 20:53

MTS1 wrote:I'm hoping for more of a 'just after 5am' start, which would suit me before going to work.

The plus side is that I would hope Andy doesn't spend too much time on court and complete this in 3 easy sets, then I can go to work happy Very Happy

Considering Vasselin is ranked 101 in the world I'd be worried about Andy's form if he can't wrap it up in straight sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 21:45

Will have to remember to set the recorder just as i leave, then I can watch a bit when I get back a 9:00am for a couple of hours.

Hopefully, it'll be over by then !!!

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 18 Jan 2012 - 21:47

Andy does have this silly habit of playing a, "who's this on the other side of the net, I'll treat him as Nadal until I work out just how good he is, then I'll wipe the floor with him" approach to the beginning of a lot of his matches.

He really doesn't need to do this.

But he doesn't do this at the FO !!??!! or any clay event. Just gets stuck in.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 4:36

Can't sleep Shocked As I await Andy's appearance I'm watching Nole playing, serving to go 2 sets to 0 up. Andy should be on in about an hour, the ladies match before his currently 1 set complete 6-2 and hopefully only goes the two sets.
Bit of a shock going on for Ferrer who is 2 sets to 1 down against Ryan Sweeting. Tipsaravic also having a tough time against Duckwork but he has won a very good 3rd set in the tiebreak. Tsonga through easy enough in Andy's section.
Bit of bad news in the doubles. Both Jamie Murray and Ken Skupski have lost with their respective partners.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 5:02

Nole through 6-3 6-2 6-1. Ferrer back level, entering 5th set. Tipsy a break up in the 4th set and nearing the win. Ladies - Kvitova has imploded and match has gone to 3rd set, Andy going to be a little later now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 5:41

Ferrer makes the breakthrough in the 5th and takes the match. Kvitova eventually gets it together and wins, making way for Andy v Frenchman No. 1 of the week Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 5:46

Andy Murray about to take to the court. Best of luck Andy but I'll be gobsmacked if this is anything other than a straight sets win and I'd be worried. Novak Djokovic looking supreme thus far and has yet to break sweat in the Australian Open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 6:15

A dominant start by Andy. A double break up to lead 4-0 with less than 20 minutes played. I won't get too excited though as, to be honest, his opponent is not the best to be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 6:23

Andy races to take the 1st set 6- 1 in 23 minutes he certainly looks in the mood to take no prisoners today, much more like it Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 6:25

Andy wraps up the first set 6-1 to take the first set inside half an hour. All too easy. Hopefully, he can put this match to bed ASAP and put his feet up and recover some of the energy expended in his First Round match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 6:52

As Andy Murray is now a break up in the second set thoughts turn to the Third Round and should Andy progress he will play world No.46 Michael Llodra who beat Alex Bogomolov Jnr in five sets.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 7:03

Another Frenchie lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 19 Jan 2012 - 7:16

Andy's momentum has dropped a bit but he takes the 2nd set in 53 minutes. (20 off those minutes came from two of Rodger-Vasslin's service games alone)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum