Australian Open

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Australian Open

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:22

The way both the players game style matches up is enabling some lovely shots to be played. Nice moment where Andy has just hit Llodra with the ball, ran to the net to see if he is ok and gave a type of embrace, Llodra then playfully signalling a head butt and smiles all round. Very unusual to see Andy do this in a match Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:24

Monfils serves a double fault at match point and Kukushkin takes the match

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:31

Andy hits a superb shot to get the double break, 5-2 and serves for the 2nd set.

Unless Llodra mounts a superhuman challenge Andy can look forward to playing against Kukushkin who must surely be affected by that marathon match against Monfils.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:37

If you can you must watch Murrays service game to take the 2nd set, he ended up on the ground with his legs over his head when hitting winning shot, hilarious stuff. This match is brill Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:41

Andy breaks again in the 3rd set and now serves for 2-0 lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:51

Llodra physically tiring and Andy has gained a double break. Murray now 4-0 up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:52

Llodra running out of gas I'm afraid but Andy is a different class.

To be fair he is playing someone who is now in his thirties.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 9:59

G,S & M Mr Murray 6-4, 6-2 6-0 clap

Your sole reporter this evening/ (morning) has been MTS1. Thank you and goodnight/ (good morning). Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 10:07

Great post match interview - and some say he doesn't smile much or have a sense of humour lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 10:13

Truly, I think his mood was light due to the atmosphere of the match, and Llodra has to be credited for his part. Andy saying that he was now going out to get hammered was very funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 10:34

Decrepitude wrote: I do things like that. . . my age is my excuse, what is yours?

Lol.

I think in my excitement at being able to post you a link, I simply forgot to post the link!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 10:41

I wish I'd seen the match....I simply couldn't get out of bed early enough Embarassed

It sounds great....I will look for the highlights on Youtube.

Thanks for the commentary, MTS Very Happy

Well done Andy!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 10:56

Solerina wrote:I wish I'd seen the match....I simply couldn't get out of bed early enough Embarassed

It sounds great....I will look for the highlights on Youtube.

Thanks for the commentary, MTS Very Happy

Well done Andy!

Thought you were taking two weeks hols to watch it.

It started at 8-00am GMT and you couldn't get out of bed! - You don't happen to be living in the USA by any chance do you teehee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 12:21

One of the best games I've seen in a long time, the 2nd set 5,4 exchange of dropshots etc. Wonderful athleticism and skills from both players.

Whoever said serve and volley is dead may have to eat their words soon. If Llodra had been more clinical at the net, the score may have been different, although just how more he would have had to be to beat Murray ?, well, not sure he had that much left in the talent tool box, i think he threw everything but the kitchen sink at Andy today and still lost in 3.

Superb performance from Murray, from all aspects of his game, not perfect, but who cares really, as long as he wins.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 17:04

BOO wrote:
Solerina wrote:I wish I'd seen the match....I simply couldn't get out of bed early enough Embarassed

Thought you were taking two weeks hols to watch it.

It started at 8-00am GMT and you couldn't get out of bed! - You don't happen to be living in the USA by any chance do you

Lol!

I like two weeks off during January as it's a nice time to recharge my batteries, and if I make it the AO fortnight then it means I can watch Andy's matches should I wish to do so.

I actually don't mind not seeing Andy, so long as he wins. And as has been proved, time and time again, Andy plays much better when I don't watch him.

Basically, BOO, I just couldn't get my ar*e out of bed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 17:25

I was working so missed the match but by all accounts a promising performance. Could someone post the match stats up? Next up is Kukushkin and really Andy should have very little trouble getting through to the quarters.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 20:28

It is okay I tracked down the stats and they make for impressive reading. Let's hope he can keep the steady improvement going for the bigger matches that lie ahead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 20:43

As for the matches coming up overnight well I can only see a comfortable straight sets win for Rafael Nadal against Delicia - sorry Feliciano Lopez. I would love to see the young upstart Bernard Tomic get under Federer's skin but I think he is still a little too raw and Fed will come through in straight sets although one or two of those may be tight affairs. I also see straight sets wins for Berdych and Del Potro.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:11

Almagra might upset Berdych and Kohlshreiber may make life difficult for Potro, but the other matches will prob go to form.

Tommorrow night !!! ....can Hewitt play the game of his life?, he's prob the only one apart from Murray who could give Djoko the run around and Novak has yet to be pushed physically.

And I'll be routing for Nishikori of course, but I do believe he has the form to push Tsonga into some costly mistakes. That may well be an interesting game to watch.

I haven't seen Kukushkin play, but I am sure he'll give it all with a nothing to lose style, tricky time for Murray, so he must continue his good form in the head and stay focused and calm.

If I remember, the 4th round has a habit of chucking in a surprise, I hope its Tsonga out, so Andy gets a little break in the 1/4'ers, you know Tsonga has a bad habit of playing at least one crucially bad match every slam.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 21:42

I am very confident Andy will have far too much for Kukushkin. I watched his match against Monfils (or at least the first two sets) and Monfils was stiffer than a corpse as he was hampered with a back injury. He needed various bouts of treatment on court and the commentators were predicting the obligatory handshake and yet Monfils demobilised almost came back to win. That says more for Monfils than Kukushkin and also remember this is the furthest he has now got in a slam event so he will have that pressure plus his match today stretched almost three and three quarter hours. If Andy loses then there will be no complaints from me as if he can't beat Kukushkin then there is no way he'd beat any of the top three - that is the way to look at it.

Elsewhere tomorrow I can only see Djokovic winning in straight sets though a set or two may be tight. Nishikori hasn't been impressive in Melbourne with lengthy struggles against lower ranked players so would have to fancy Tsonga to win in three or four sets at the most.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 22:15

Just to say that it is pretty certain that Andy will not be on Rod Laver Court again on Monday. That slot is certain to go to Leyton Hewitt's match against Novak Djokovic which is a nailed on certainty to be the evening match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 21 Jan 2012 - 23:46

I suppose he might be on RLA during the day (the middle of our night!) For me, the night match on Hisense would be better, but I hope he doesn't end up having to play a big match on RLA when he has had no time on the court. Has Tsonga played on there? I suppose a match on RLA where neither of the players had played there would be fair.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 7:40

As I thought Rafael Nadal came through relatively comfortably in three lengthy sets against Feliciano Lopez. Del Potro also looks set to come through in straight sets against Kohlschreiber but the real drama came in the other Fourth Round match. Tomas Berdych beat Nicholas Almagro in four long, tight sets (three of which went to tie-breaks) but refused to shake the beaten Spaniard's hand at the end. He was roundly booed off the court and throughout his interview on the court at the end. He was offended by Almagro aiming a ball at his head towards the end of the fourth set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 9:13

Decrepitude wrote:I suppose he might be on RLA during the day (the middle of our night!) For me, the night match on Hisense would be better, but I hope he doesn't end up having to play a big match on RLA when he has had no time on the court. Has Tsonga played on there? I suppose a match on RLA where neither of the players had played there would be fair.

You were right with your assumption Decriptitude. Andy Murray will be on Rod Laver Arena from around 2am UK time to take on Mikhail Kukushin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 22 Jan 2012 - 12:00

Pah, this is the worst time, too late to stay up and too early to get up. V+ is being used for this match, and avoid all other TV and news until I get the chance to watch it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum