Murray's Key To No.3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Murray's Key To No.3

Now I am no expert with these rankings but by my estimations if Andy were to end up as runner-up in Japan and winning in Shanghai or vice versa then Andy will overtake Roger Federer in the rankings. The difference at the moment in 965 points. Andy on 125 points earned so far in Japan will earn 250 points even for a defeat in the final so that would put him 715 points behind Fed. However, Fed has pulled out of the Shanghai Masters and so cannot defend the 600 points he earned for last year so will lose them I do believe leaving the gap at 115 points so if Andy wins (he needs to to defend his points from winning the tournament last year) I do beleve he goes third. Correct me if I am wrong anyone.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Murray's Key To No.3 :: Comments

Post on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 13:19 by Guest

You are correct it could be done after China Craig, however its not a lost cause as Fed is defending 1500 points at WTF so anything better than a win there increases Andy's chances of over taking to go third at this stage. There is also Paris thrown in the mix so still a bit of time for Andy to go 3rd. Will it help for Oz who knows, but it should put Andy clear of being paired in the same draw as Rafa at #2 and Roger is now not the force he was. Which only leaves someone called Novak Djokovic whose body appears to be currently breaking down after his awesome year so far.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 14:47 by Jubbahey

Not sure whether any big difference will come into play if he does get to 3rd place, they all have to face each other in the last 16 or better normally, but it will give him a bit of confidence and a marker as to how his season had gone despite the losses at the slams and his rather big slump at the beginning of the year.

Getting to No3 is quite an achievement if the 1st 3 months of 20101 are to be taken into consideration.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 17:25 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:Not sure whether any big difference will come into play if he does get to 3rd place, they all have to face each other in the last 16 or better normally, but it will give him a bit of confidence and a marker as to how his season had gone despite the losses at the slams and his rather big slump at the beginning of the year.

Getting to No3 is quite an achievement if the 1st 3 months of 20101 are to be taken into consideration.

As far as sponsors are concerned Andy at No.3 is way better than 4 and may provide some additional finance for him, apart from mileage for them

Saying he is in the top 3 in the world has a much better ring dogood

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 8 Oct 2011 - 19:33 by Guest

Of course being seeded three is better and it will surely lift confidence and belief and certainly no bad can come of it. And I firmly believe that on this year's form/results alone Andy has been better than Federer and merits the No.3 slot this year.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:39 by Guest

Well he now has a little pocket full of 500 points for his win today, getting ever closer Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 8:45 by Guest

By my estimation then that means he is now 465 points behind Roger Federer in the rankings. Now Fed has opted out of the Shanghai Masters so cannot defend the points he won last year by finishing runner-up (600 points). However Andy won the Shanghai Masters last year so has 1000 points to defend so in order for Andy to go third in the rankings he MUST win the Shanghai Masters next week to defend the 1000 points he won last year.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 9:02 by Guest

If he plays like he did in the last two sets today, he will win. Even the great Rafa had no answer today, not many people take a set 6-0 of Rafa, especially a deciding one for a championship.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 9:04 by Guest

MTS1 wrote:If he plays like he did in the last two sets today, he will win. Even the great Rafa had no answer today, not many people take a set 6-0 of Rafa, especially a deciding one for a championship.

I won't argue with that at all. KK

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 10:04 by Guest

With a grand total of 7825 Andy Murray sits 45 points above Roger Federer as W#3 Very Happy

Points to defend to year end 2011

Murray: Valencia 45 (R16 2010); Paris 180 (Q 2010); London WTF 400 (S 2010) TOTAL 625.

Federer: Stockholm 250 (W 2010); Basel 500 (W 2010); Paris 360 (S 2010); London WTF 1500 (W2010) TOTAL 2610

Fed isn't playing Stockholm so thats another 250 coming off his total next Monday (although this is when it gets a bit tricky for me as I never get it right when the use of results from other tournaments come in to play, so he may not!!)

Andy said in his Sky interview after Shanghai win that he hadn't made his mind up whether to play Valencia or Basel or skip both. His website states Paris as the next destination so maybe he will take a wildcard for one of the 500 tournaments. Be interesting if he goes to Basel and faces Roger prior to Paris to test himself against him before the big points come in to play.

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 17 Oct 2011 - 14:44 by Guest

If I were Andy I'd go where Novak Djokovic is as he is the man to beat at the moment and will gauge exactly where he is at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum