Shanghai Masters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shanghai Masters

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 21:02

After winning back-to-back tournaments in the Far East Andy swiftly moves on to the Shanghai Masters.

Andy Murray and Rafael Nadal both get byes through to the Second Round where Andy Murray will meet either Thomaz Bellucci or Dmitry Tursunov. Potential Third Round opponent is Stan Wawrinka, Gilles Simon in the Quarter-Finals, Jo-Wilifrid Tsonga in the semis and Rafael Nadal in the Final.

Back to top Go down

Re: Shanghai Masters

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 21:19

I'm only just catching my breath from the last two weeks, its been action packed from Andy's participation. Shame there are a few players missing, but heres to a good tournie all the same. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 21:20

I hope Andy can continue in this vein of controlled aggression, it suits his game and temperament. A final here could cement his new attitude and carry him to the WTF finals with a poss trophy if he can get past the usual suspects and Djoko.

In the least this may well herald a fresh response by him to try and get that elusive title.

Maybe as NitB has said recently, he has found the confidence to believe in his game and his ability to beat the top 3 at those important times.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 21:50

Jubbahey wrote:I hope Andy can continue in this vein of controlled aggression, it suits his game and temperament. A final here could cement his new attitude and carry him to the WTF finals with a poss trophy if he can get past the usual suspects and Djoko.

In the least this may well herald a fresh response by him to try and get that elusive title.

Maybe as NitB has said recently, he has found the confidence to believe in his game and his ability to beat the top 3 at those important times.

I think the last sentence speaks volumes, the way Andy composed himself at 0-40 down in the second set and then drilled out 3 aces put him in the steely mindset that he needs to take that final step towards the slam win. I watched the highlights on sky this evening and Andy of old may have dipped after Rafa took the first but he just focussed and well you know the rest Very Happy Watching him do this was an absolute joy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 22:08

The only thing that frustrates is why can't he do this in the slam events against Nadal. All the same great last two weeks for Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 9 Oct 2011 - 22:32

I hope Judy recorded the last two sets today against Rafa and makes him watch them over & over again until it sinks in!

"This is the way you have to do it from now on Son, it works for Nole and it can also work for you" lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 11:44

Andy's first match (R2) tomorrow will be against Dmitry Tursunov. As the H2H is 5-0 in Andy's favour, I'm hoping for a straight-forward stressless win here Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 18:01

Should be Decrepitude Very Happy He's last on according to the schedule, thinking thats around 1pm ish here. And I'm working Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 19:40

Interesting to see his latest statement about the strike.

I wonder how well that went down with the conspiracy d**kheads on V2?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/15254089.stm

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 21:33

Glad you posted that on there Jubba. But of course those calling him names and painting him as the strike leader are nowhere to be seen now without the b*lls to come on and apologise for being wrong about Andy. That is what infuriates me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 22:27

CaledonianCraig wrote:Glad you posted that on there Jubba. But of course those calling him names and painting him as the strike leader are nowhere to be seen now without the b*lls to come on and apologise for being wrong about Andy. That is what infuriates me.

With regards to "b*lls" from memory it was hawkeye who is a female who did the article, she was VMP on the old 606 and has a Murray OCD!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 11 Oct 2011 - 22:39

I thought it was raiders_of_the_lost_ark who was painting him as that and Josiah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 8:31

CaledonianCraig wrote:I thought it was raiders_of_the_lost_ark who was painting him as that and Josiah.

Them as well especially raiders_of_the_lost_ark!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 10:33

If they've any sense, they'd skip it and ignore it as it shows them up as out and out rabid Murray haters.

We can all speculate about his part in the supposed strike action which hasn't actually ever been said as a dead cert gonna happen thing, but it does grind when posters take the complete pessimistic and Judge/jury/executioner stance when Murray makes an off the cuff remark and he gets mushroomed into some kind of pariah.

But its all becoming a little predictable now, and the suspects and more than usual.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 17:19

Andy got a walkover as Tursunov withdrew with a wrist injury.

I know it is more rest for him, but I think I would rather he had cut his teeth on Tursunov than have to play a well-acclimatised Wawrinka as his first match here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 18:42

Yes I'd sooner Andy played today and got another win however the rest will do him good as it has been a hectic last couple of weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 19:43

Decrepitude wrote:Andy got a walkover as Tursunov withdrew with a wrist injury.

I know it is more rest for him, but I think I would rather he had cut his teeth on Tursunov than have to play a well-acclimatised Wawrinka as his first match here.

Thanks for the update, Dec. I agree with you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Oct 2011 - 19:44

CaledonianCraig wrote:Yes I'd sooner Andy played today and got another win however the rest will do him good as it has been a hectic last couple of weeks.

I agree with you, too, Craig.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 18:13

A win in three sets today for Andy Murray beating Stan Wawrinka 6-4 3-6 6-3 to reach the quarter-finals. That leaves Andy three wins away from the world No.3 slot and with Rafael Nadal's surprise defeat today he will fancy his chances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 18:39

Nadal lost !!!!! I must go see.

Oh my, what is it about China that Rafa doesn't get on with, that's the second year he hasn't got past the third round. A bit worrying, I wonder what he'll do now in preparation for the WTF's soon to come up ?

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 18:56

What, what, what. I'm just about to watch Andy play on my V+ and hadn't paid any attention to Rafa's match. Shocked Bit of a strange tournie so far with the results of the top players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 18:56

And also of course to Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 19:23

Yes Florian Mayer beat Rafa very surprisingly in straight sets 7-5 6-3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 19:35

MT...what channel are you watching it on (or recording it from) ??

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 13 Oct 2011 - 21:05

Sorry Jubba didn't see your post till just now, it was Sky sports 1, I just taped it all from today. Bit mind boggling though that Andy and Stan played in red tops and black shorts, didn't know who I was watching half the time
Watching the Rafa match now, I seen that Rafa had been discussing the type of ball being used in an interview yesterday. He did say he played very badly today, but congratulated Mayer on his win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum