Paris next and then WTF's

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Paris next and then WTF's

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 16:30

CaledonianCraig wrote:Not too fussed about the defeat in the end and you have to pay credit to Thomas Berdych who played very well. Andy just wasn't firing on all cylinders today and so his unbeaten run ends after almost two months. Still lets hope he can bounce back with better showings at the WTF. Berdych wins 4-6 6-3 6-4.

Thanks Craig.

That was sooooo exciting....till I lost me picture confused

Andy mustn't be too downhearted at the defeat.......he can't win 'em all.

Well done Berdych.

I'm going to have a jacket potato for my tea now....with lots of butter.....to help me recover.

Bye Craig....see you later Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 16:32

Bye for now. Hopefully, he can now take that bit longer to rest that niggling injury and come back stronger for the WTF. Federer will now be licking his lips at the prospect of playing an exhausted Berdych tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 17:13

Shows how Berdych will have to play in London to get a win against the other top five.

According to Peter Fleming on SKY he played some of his best tennis in a long while, but after getting through to the WTF finals yesterday I suppose the pressure was off.

Andy didn't play all that bad but have seen his serve better which it would really have to be against a player like Tomas to make things easier for him, I think from memory however they were about equal on the number of aces.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 17:28

Andy wasn't firing on all cylinders today. His serve was no more than adequate and forehand was patchy but take nothing away from Berdych who played great. No disgrace losing against one of the best players outside the top four. Sadly, Andy has softened him up for Roger.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 17:42

serve was poor, even when he got it in it wasn't going through the court like it has been recently. Backhand was pretty ordinary too, forehand good at times and the fight was still there, but looked like a bit of tiredness creeping into those legs. Decent break now, should come out firing all cylinders in London.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 18:48

I managed to catch the match just as Berdych was raising his fist in joy at winning the second set. Felt good to get the nerves jangling again as only us Andy fans know with the rollercoaster ride he usually gives us. Demonstration of 'fire in the belly' with the expletives he was coming out with, however better to get the defeat out the way before London. He will get a little extra recovery time now, give that twinge he's feeling a rest. Djoko's shoulder, Rafa's uncertainty, only Roger appears to have benefitted from the self induced rest he gave himself, he knows he needs to win WTF to keep his 1500 points, its a toughie. I am so glad I am going, getting very excited. I'm like a kid waiting for santa at

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 18:58

I missed the whole match, sounds like Berdych knows how to rattle Murrays cage now, so I hope Andy has learnt from this, he's gonna come up against Tomas again soon.

I suppose his run had to end at some point, pity it was today, but 3 hrs for a 3 setter ??? must have been close.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 19:04

It was close and Berdych played the big points very solidly. Andy's serve has been better and his forehand was patchy so wasn't Andy at his best but it was still only a narrow loss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 20:12

CaledonianCraig wrote:Not too fussed about the defeat in the end and you have to pay credit to Thomas Berdych who played very well. Andy just wasn't firing on all cylinders today and so his unbeaten run ends after almost two months. Still lets hope he can bounce back with better showings at the WTF. Berdych wins 4-6 6-3 6-4.

Actually the score was 4-6 7-6(5) 6-4, so very close. Berdy won 122 points to Andy's 119.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 11 Nov 2011 - 20:14

Decrepitude wrote:

Actually the score was 4-6 7-6(5) 6-4, so very close. Berdy won 122 points to Andy's 119.

Cheers not sure where I got that score from and I was watching it!! oopsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 10:50

Today is the Paris Masters Final and I hope Tsonga gives it a real go but I have a feeling Federer will just prove too strong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 11:15

Console yourself with the thought that it is donkey's years since the winner of Paris won the WTF or equivalent?

Not that that means it couldn't happen this year, of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 13 Nov 2011 - 14:39

Fed 5-1 up and serving for the first set. Tsonga just a bit awry with his shots. Fed doing nothing wrong, just sweeping it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum