Paris next and then WTF's

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Paris next and then WTF's

Post by Guest on Mon 31 Oct 2011 - 21:09

BOO wrote:
MTS1 wrote:
Decrepitude wrote:Andy is also down to play doubles with Jamie. I bet that is why he chose to play this week. . .

Yeah they should be defending the Valencia doubles title, so some ranking points at stake, mainly for Jamie. I don't see too much trouble with the draw, not if Andy remains in the rich vein of form he has recently been in. Should be a great week of tennis for a 500. I also note that Sky have listed Basel as the tournament they are covering when you check the listings Very Happy

Comes up Valencia on my forward planner (SKY) - are you sure?

Yeah BOO but I did it by going in through the listings, Virgin Channel 512 for Sky Sports 2 from Thursday onwards, click on more info on the remote and it lists as Basel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 16:34

Hello Everyone Smile

I see the sky guide has updated Basel for a thursday start at 3pm
I hope they change it again as Andy is due to play on wednesday.

I hope they don't miss his first match.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 16:43

Hi Geosynch feel free to introduce yourself in the appropriate section. Yes I am sure they'll make sure they have the Murray match live.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 16:49

Geosynch wrote:Hello Everyone Smile

I see the sky guide has updated Basel for a thursday start at 3pm
I hope they change it again as Andy is due to play on wednesday.

I hope they don't miss his first match.

Great - Wonder if they are switching from Valencia!

Thanks for the info Geosynch and welcome onboard.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 19:15

Bet365 is showing the Djokovic match, so hopefully it'll show Murrays tomorrow.

http://www.bet365.com/home/FlashGen4/WebConsoleApp.asp?stf=1

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 19:17

Its 1 set all, but novak is coasting the 3rd...3-0 atm

And poor old Xavier has run into the umpires chair and grazed his thigh MTO.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 20:23

Andy has back to back matches tomorrow, straight into doubles with Jamie after his singles match. Shocked Scheduling at its best!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 20:27

MTS1 wrote:Andy has back to back matches tomorrow, straight into doubles with Jamie after his singles match. Shocked Scheduling at its best!!!

Yup whilst Federer has a couple of days between his first two matches. Rolling Eyes

Djokovic through but not all that impressive but a win is a win and he must be a bit rusty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 20:45

From a purely selfish point of view I hope Nole's injury improves, would really like to see him at the 02. Still has Paris, although he could have been out earlier as Malisse gave him a good match, but he definitely needs match practice before WTF.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 21:29

MTS1 wrote:Andy has back to back matches tomorrow, straight into doubles with Jamie after his singles match. Shocked Scheduling at its best!!!

And Federer follows Andy to play his SECOND round - the Swiss obviously don't want their Roger to have an unfair advantage now do they - my ass!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 1 Nov 2011 - 21:41

They are taking care of him as he is their distinguished elder statesman and needs to look after his aging bones Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 14:50

oh come on, what were you expecting, the God Federer to not have all the possible advantages in "his" tournament? Considering he gets very favourable scheduling in slams already, what did you expect from Basle? Of course when Murray gets Centre Court as Wimbers for his QF it's outrageous Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 14:59

Bad news folks Andy Murray has pulled out of his match with Robin Haase with a leg injury according to the BBC website. Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 15:03

Apparently, it is because of a right gluteal muscle strain in his leg. (Whatever that is?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:02

Yeah, saw this on the Beeb site. Bad news, lets hope its not too bad for the WTF's.

I would have liked to see him play Fed of Djoko, but we'll have to wait now.

He needs to keep this in check so that it doesnt impede his 1st slam of the year in 2012.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:14

I don't think it is anything too serious and probably some rest will see it heal in a few days. He probably doesn't want to risk it either with the Paris Masters and the WTF around the corner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 21:46

You'd be forgiven for thinking Paris was a grass event....

http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/EC364FBE6B5248CA86AB73AC9A047A7B.ashx?w=655&h=269

All 4 top seeds are advertised as playing, but I wonder who will turn up out of the top 8. Djoko was rusty or still stiff and Fish may not recover in time, lets hope Andy can make it. ATM only Nadal and Federer are as close to fit as can be expected, but that may change now we are at the twilight end of the season.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 2 Nov 2011 - 22:08

Will he have to give back his appearance money for Basel teehee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 10:54

If he didn't turn up, I'd say yes, but I think he made sure he made an "appearance", if just an cursory one.

But if they all turn up for Paris, it may be a good indicator as to who will do well at the WTF's and as a statement of intention for 2012.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 11:59

Just heard that Rafa has pulled out of Paris (reason?) so if Andy makes it he would be the No.2 Seed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 12:15

yes I've heard that too BOO, not sure why yet. So Andy will be n°2 seed, and hopefully a strong finish to the year should see him breathing down Rafa's neck going into next year's AO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 19:54

Wonder what's up with Rafa?? Hopefully Andy's injury is not too serious. End of season just taking its toll???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 3 Nov 2011 - 19:58

Well Rafa isn't so tied in to competing at the Paris Masters as he has no points to defend from last year. He is anchored in No.2 ranking slot for the next few months so perhaps he's using it as a time to recharge his batteries. As for Andy I reckon he'll be fine in a few days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 19:22

CaledonianCraig wrote:Well Rafa isn't so tied in to competing at the Paris Masters as he has no points to defend from last year. He is anchored in No.2 ranking slot for the next few months so perhaps he's using it as a time to recharge his batteries. As for Andy I reckon he'll be fine in a few days.

Yep, Rafa appears to be focussing on WTF. Read that if Rafa only wins one game at WTF and Andy wins both Paris and WTF (which is a big ask) he will become #2. Haven't checked the rankings breakdown but that would be a big bonus for Andy considering one of his end of season goals was to finish as #3.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 19:26

It would be great but I can't see that happening to be honest though. If Andy can have an even better start to next year thean he had this year though to around April next year he may be in a position to challenge for the No.2 slot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum