Paris next and then WTF's

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Paris next and then WTF's

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 19:44

The form of the guys who are currently trying to get the last qualification places at WTF have also gone off the boil. Wouldn't expect anything but the top 4 going through from the round robins. Except for David Ferrer possibly he's having some decent results just now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 20:50

Watched A Rod tonight and just as well he isn't O2 bound, dreadful performance, made Federer really look better than he probably was.

Del Potro would be a good addition for London but in order to get there he would need to win Valencia and do exceptionally well next week in Paris.

As MTS1 says I would still favour the top four for the semis in London with Andy going on to win it - but I would say that now wouldn't I teehee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri 4 Nov 2011 - 21:46

That'll do for me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 13:29

Just did my picks for ATP fans challenge, see Andy has a collision course with Fed in the same half of the draw Shocked I normally would say it is a tricky route for Andy but given current form of everyone I'm hopeful he progresses without too many problems Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 15:24

Havent seen Djoko play since his 1st match, is he shaping up or is the injury still there ?

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 15:49

The injury certainly seems to be inhibiting him and Kei Nishikori is now in prime position to come from a set down to beat Djokovic and reach the final of the Basel Open.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 15:51

Let's hope that Stan is the man then and takes out TNSMF!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 15:58

Djokovic out, injury certainly playing a part but Nishikori played very well in the 2nd and 3rd sets. Come on Stan your turn next!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 16:12

I was worried that Novak wasnt back to full fitness, and now I'm not so sure it was a good idea playing this week at all. I don't know if it was muscle or tendon tear, but playing it can go two ways, make it better or worse (worse in that it will take longer to heal), so its a great pity that Murray went down too.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 16:51

I agree Jubba, I'm not sure Nole will recover fully for Paris and WTF, Sky talk hinting that Nole may pull out of Paris, leaving the top half of the draw wide open. I know he is determined to play but he needs to consider just how much recovery time he really needs for this shoulder injury. Trainer was out again, doesn't bode well. Body has had a fair pounding over the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 16:52

Stan playing pretty poorly a break down in first set. Fed serving for the set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 16:55

lol! and right on cue, Fed blows cold and Stan gets his break back. 5-4 Stan to serve.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 17:30

Well I think my thoughts on Del Potro making it to the O2 are now out the window.

He has been knocked out of Valencia so no gold watch!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 17:42

I would be surprised if he played now in Paris as he would be running the risk of making the injury worse and possibly ruling himself out of the WTF. I am presuming this is a recurrence of the injury that forced him to retire from the Cincinatti Masters Final against Andy Murray - if so then it must be a worry for the future for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 17:51

So if Novak doesn't play and Andy becomes the 1st seed where would that put Roger as they are both on the same side of the draw.

Would they switch him over as he is the 2nd seed I wonder!?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 18:44

BOO wrote:So if Novak doesn't play and Andy becomes the 1st seed where would that put Roger as they are both on the same side of the draw.

Would they switch him over as he is the 2nd seed I wonder!?

Don't know?? Has it ever needed to be done, I can't recall any recent times. Pity about Delpo I was hoping he would sneak that last place for WTF, I would like to have seen him. Berdych is confirmed for qualifying place No.6.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 19:05

Berdych has had a pretty poor season so far but maybe he can come good in London.

Still can't see past the top four, that is if they can all make it there!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 20:02

I think it is certain that if Djokovic drops out of Paris then Andy Murray will become No.1 seed and Roger Federer becomes No.2 seed and they would be put in opposite halves of the draw.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 20:08

well if after several weeks off Nole's shoulder is still not right (didn't see the game) then he should defo pull out of Paris. I mean, it's clearly not healed properly if he's hurting with it after three matches back.

First time Djokovic has lost a match after winning the first set by the way...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 5 Nov 2011 - 20:21

Andy must be confident as he has also entered the doubles playing with Ross Hutchins and not Jamie!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 14:46

BOO wrote:Andy must be confident as he has also entered the doubles playing with Ross Hutchins and not Jamie!!!

It's a strange one BOO as Colin Fleming is paired with Jamie. Wonder why Colin and Ross are not playing together given their fine season. Depending on results they are heading for a collision in the Quarters Shocked Maybe its a Davis Cup ploy!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 14:48

Nishikori trounced in the first set, 6-1 to Fed. Granollers heading for the first set currently up 5-2 against Monaco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 20:24

I don't think they can move the seeds now the draw has been made, if Djoker does withdraw probably a LL would take his slot.

I understand the reason for the odd doubles pairing is that Colin and Ross did not have a high enough ranking to get in playing together, but as Jamie's ranking was quite high (thanks to Andy!) Colin and Ross could get in by each partnering one of the Murrays.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 6 Nov 2011 - 21:23

Understand Del Potro has pulled out of Paris so as WTF is also now out of reach, I take it he is now concentrating on Davis Cup duty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 15:52

Andy Murray's potential opponents in the Paris Masters are:-

Marcel Granollers (fresh from winning a title at the weekend)

Andy Roddick

Tomas Berdych

Roger Federer (semis)

Novak Djokovic (if fit)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: