Piece of cake for Andy - give him the trophy now teehee

Back to top Go down

Re: Paris next and then WTF's

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 18:10

Andy and Ross level at one set all, super TB to follow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 18:21

Andy Murray and Ross Hutchins have beaten Almagro/Marrero to progress through at the Paris Masters. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 18:22

Well done Andy and Ross Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 7 Nov 2011 - 19:55

Yay Andy and Ross. Great start to the Week of Masters Tennis in Gay Paree. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 10:17

Andy not playing till Weds !?

Granny and Chardy playing today to see who meets Murray. Live on Tennis TV if you're subbed.

Jubbahey
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 14:48

Jubbahey wrote:Andy not playing till Weds !?

Thanks, Jubbs.

It's being shown on bet365, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 20:03

Colin Fleming and Jamie Murray win their doubles match Very Happy Chardy to play Andy, Granollers retired after 1st set. Andy's on second tomorrow on Central Court around 12pm (ish)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 20:46

going to miss Andy Sad though hopefully will catch the end of the game, feeling a bit Murray-deprived recently...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 20:52

Thanks, MTS.

Hi Chelsea,

I'll have to miss Andy tomorrow, too. Tho' I might catch the end of the match, if he's still playing at 3pm.

I can't wait for the AO.....I've booked the whole two weeks off work....so I can stay up through the night Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 21:15

Yip I'll miss his match as well as I am working. Best of luck Andy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 21:33

yeah I have to be at work, then a funeral, then back at work for a VIP meeting, no tennis for me tomorrow Sad

lol! Sol, I have one week off, I can normally scrape days off when Andy is playing but living on OZ time plays havoc with the body clock!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 8 Nov 2011 - 22:27

I'll just be missing out on a couple of hours sleep every other night through the AO. Great news is the start of this year's skiing trip doesn't coincide with the final as it did the previous two years, thus resulting in me missing said final. I'm taking this as a positive omen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 11:28

I had two weeks off for the AO last year, but I didn't manage to stay up for very much of it, but it was nice to know I could have done if I'd wanted to.

Andy's going to win it this time, I just know he is. He's got to win one eventually and this will be the one

He's done good this year.....I'm feeling very positive that next year will be his year Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 18:03

well it looks like Murray was fairly comfortable today, just caught the last game unfortunately so can't comment too much, but didn't expect Chardy to be a problem and indeed he wasn't.

Roddick tomorrow, should be a good test.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 18:17

Watched the whole match and it was pretty easy going although Chardy played better in the second set, or maybe Andy took his foot of the gas as he sometimes does with the lower ranked players!

I see he and Hutchins are out of the doubles which isn't such a bad thing as he has some tough single matches now coming up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 18:29

Well done, Andy

I hope to be able to watch him play, tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 21:09

A solid win for Andy today and by my estimation if he beats Andy Roddick tomorrow then no matter what happens in the rest of the season Andy can't lose his No.3 seeding before the end of the year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 21:37

The "Andys" match tomorrow is first on Central - 11am Paris, 10am UK. Good job Andy is better at waking up in the mornings than he used to be!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 21:50

CaledonianCraig wrote:A solid win for Andy today and by my estimation if he beats Andy Roddick tomorrow then no matter what happens in the rest of the season Andy can't lose his No.3 seeding before the end of the year.

Thanks for that Craig......I'd have no chance of working that sort of thing out for myself!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 21:53

Decrepitude wrote:The "Andys" match tomorrow is first on Central - 11am Paris, 10am UK. Good job Andy is better at waking up in the mornings than he used to be!

Thanks Decrepitude.......I should catch the end of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 9 Nov 2011 - 23:01

[quote="Decrepitude"]The "Andys" match tomorrow is first on Central - 11am Paris, 10am UK. Good job Andy is better at waking up in the mornings than he used to be![/quot:

actually 10:30 am Paris time. To CC, whatever happens Andy can't lose n°3 spot until after the WTF as after Paris last year's WTF points are wiped off anyway, meaning that the YTD rankings are the ones to take into effect. Now given Andy had more than 1500 points lead over Fed going into Paris and couldn't lose more than 1000 with Fed winning the tournament he'd stay ahead anyway.

Going further than Federer in Paris would garantee him year-end n°3 regardless of what happens in London by the way. If you're desperate I could work out other possible scenarios...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 6:44

[quote="Mad_for_Chelsea"]
Decrepitude wrote:The "Andys" match tomorrow is first on Central - 11am Paris, 10am UK. Good job Andy is better at waking up in the mornings than he used to be![/quot:

actually 10:30 am Paris time. To CC, whatever happens Andy can't lose n°3 spot until after the WTF as after Paris last year's WTF points are wiped off anyway, meaning that the YTD rankings are the ones to take into effect. Now given Andy had more than 1500 points lead over Fed going into Paris and couldn't lose more than 1000 with Fed winning the tournament he'd stay ahead anyway.

Going further than Federer in Paris would garantee him year-end n°3 regardless of what happens in London by the way. If you're desperate I could work out other possible scenarios...

Alright cheers for clearing that up.I was under the assumption that the WTF points from last year were carried forward and that Fed (as winner last year had 1000 points to defend). Also Fed won in Paris last year so he must win again this year to defend his points whilst Andy reached the quarter-finals last year which Andy will reach if he beats Andy Roddick today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 10:07

An early break for Andy Murray and leads 3-2 in the first set but worryingly he has already had the trainer out on court. pale

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 10 Nov 2011 - 10:18

Andy Murray takes the first set 6-2. A win in this match and Andy has defended his points from last year in Paris.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum