In-depth Andy interview

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In-depth Andy interview

I know the Daily Fail doesn't exactly have a good reputation, but actually their tennis coverage is quite good. Here is a link to an excellent interview with Andy - long, but well worth reading.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2061541/Andy-Murray-interview-Martin-Samuel.html

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

In-depth Andy interview :: Comments

Post on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 14:27 by Jubbahey

That is one of the best interviews I've seen Dec, thanks for the link.

BTW now, so will read the last 3rd of it later.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 20:32 by Guest

I actually felt quite emotional reading this its a wonderful interview. Kind of feel his pain again at losing the final in Oz this year. Still he remains very focused which is great to see.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 15 Nov 2011 - 21:37 by Guest

Great interview! Thanks, Dec.

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 17 Nov 2011 - 23:03 by Guest

Here is another article from yesterday which is very good:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/DEUCE-Tennis/DEUCE-Finals-2011/Andy-Murray.aspx?utm_source=ATPMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ATP%20World%20Tour%20Insider%20#46%20-%20November%2017%202011%20%281%29

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 8:50 by Guest

Nice article, thanks BOO

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 12:24 by Guest

Thanks BOO.

Andy Murray seems like a top bloke!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 14:19 by Jubbahey

Nice to see the other side of these guys, its not all, money, money, money !

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 18:08 by Guest

Pick this one up from MTL

"Did you know that the WTFs had a charity do last night? It raised £400,000 for Great Ormond St and the players clubbed together to buy a heart monitor costing £18.000 THEN Andy donated another £18,000 for another monitor!"

Now wouldn't that make a better article on 606v2 rather than the recent one about him using the word "boll**ks" to the umpire after Berdych got his balls replaced doh2

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 19:51 by Jubbahey

They'd say it was just a pee in the ocean for them millionaires.

But they always conveniently ignore the fact that its only possible for them to do this kind of philanthropist donation because of the money they make.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 19 Nov 2011 - 20:45 by Guest

Yes - Maybe his concern for the Autograph hunter (on my article link) getting his £3 pen back would be better suited!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 28 Nov 2011 - 22:50 by Guest

I see Andy is up for the SPOTY (BBC Sports personality of the year).

Personally I would prefer it for 2012 awards, after winning Wimbledon (or for that matter any slam(s) )

2011 - My money would be on Rory Mcilroy for winning the USO.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 8:12 by Guest

Yes I do feel that award should be reserved until he wins the big one - a slam. Rory McIlroy would be a good bet as would Michael Strauss.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 19:54 by Guest

Check out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl0Fv2aMuSk

Andy v David Haye at Tennis!!!

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 29 Nov 2011 - 21:57 by Guest

Great video, BOO.

I haven't yet looked at who's up for SPOTY......... I can't believe it's that time of year again!

I agree with you, it would be nicer if Andy could win Spoty after wiining a Slam title.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 12:25 by Guest

I see the detractors are out in force on 606v2 questioning Andy Murray's right to be in the short list as he has never won a slam. Sod the other achievements though eh? I agree he shouldn't win it but to have a go at him for being on the list is a bit sad considering he is, after all, the greatest male tennis player this country has produced for seventy odd years. We could ask what Luke Donald is doing in the list and whilst Khan is world champ he has got there by avoiding the very best boxers (quite easy to do in boxing as there are so many 'different' world belts). Do believe some newspaper reporter 'tweeted' something like 'what has Murray done this year to get in the short list'. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 30 Nov 2011 - 13:13 by Guest

Does anybody really care what they think, these unknowns who spend the better part of their lifes posting drivel from their keyboards!

Hope he wins it (but he won't) and stuff them all lol!

Next year hopefully on the back of a slam or two dogood

Back to top Go down

Post on Thu 1 Dec 2011 - 10:14 by Guest

The 12 Most Significant Men's Tennis Matches of 2011

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/962315-the-12-most-significant-mens-tennis-matches-of-2011/page/2

See Andy featured in two of them.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 16:29 by Guest

I don't reckon Andy will get top 3, however I would hope he would get the SPOTY trophy next year when (positive vibes) he gets a slam title. The only concern I have though is its Olympic Year and home turf may result in some special perfomances, and the SPOTY may go to an olympian in 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 16:45 by Guest

A Slam or Olympic Gold for Andy?

I know he badly needs that first Slam - Maybe the Gold followed up by winning the USO, that would definitely get him the SPOTY!

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 18:54 by Jubbahey

Just winning Wimbledon would be the cake for me, sod the cherry and the icing.

Might have to wait a bit for a bite though...Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum