Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

morning/afternoon

afternoon all:D

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

morning/afternoon :: Comments

Post on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 16:40 by Guest

Evening Wiseguy Very Happy Not much going on in here today, Sol mentioned somewhere we must all be doing our Christmas Shopping. Spot on, kettle going on and feet massaged. This is meant to be a fun time of year, not sure the shopping experience in December falls into that category!! Xmastree

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 2 Dec 2011 - 18:57 by Jubbahey

Evenin' all.

Weeks are flashing by at the mo', xmas will be upon us before the turkey is cooked, although I slow cook mine, overnight for 10 hrs and it falls off the bone. Nothing gets wasted in our house. Even grind down the bones to make some bread...

Kiddin'

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 16:46 by Guest

got me worried there with the bones think lol

evening all

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 20:25 by Guest

Evening all

Nice thread Wiseguy......somewhere where we can just pop in and say hello Very Happy

Anyway, it will be just myself, Mr.Sol and our dog, on Christmas day, so no cooking marathons for me, thank goodness.

How many are you cooking for on Christmas Day, Jubbs?

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 3 Dec 2011 - 23:11 by Jubbahey

Just the 4 of us, but the day always seems to go so quickly I end up sweating buckets getting everything ready for the big lunch. I'd like just for once to have a nice peaceful Xmas day, but I'm not holding my breath.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 10:35 by Guest

After years of being the family hub and hostess at Christmas, we are now reduced to me, Him Indoors, and our daughter who lives in Nottingham but always comes home for Christmas and New Year.

I've already made the cake, done the Christmas shopping - nearly all online - so I'm hoping for a fairly stress-free Christmas. Stress-free except for the fact that Daughter always nicks my computer to keep up with her facebook, twitter and running forums and I have to find something else to occupy myself for nearly a fortnight!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 11:25 by Guest

Morning all. Just finished watching Its a Wonderful life and had a blubb. I have managed to get Christmas off work this year which is unusual, daughter is the hostess in her new house and all I have to do is turn up. Its taken many years but this just may be my first stress free Christmas Day, bring on the eggnog eyew And we've just had our first snowfall (thankfully its been all soaked up). Now just watching White Christmas, getting myself into the Christmas spirit Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 13:06 by Guest

Afternoon everyone Very Happy

Loving hearing what you're all doing for Christmas.

I have learnt over the years to not eat too much for Christmas dinner.....just small portions......there is nothing worse than the feeling you are going to burst, for the rest of the day.

I'm like you MTS.....I have Christmas Day off this year so I'm really looking forward to it.

We keep Christmas so low key that it's almost non existent .

We stopped buying presents for people a few years ago.

Lets face it you often spend a small fortune on other people, only to get a pile of useless cr*p in return.

It does take courage to ring round and tell your nearest and dearest that you're not doing pressies.....some people are shocked to the core.....but eventually they are happy to go along with it.

You must do this deadly deed early tho', say, end of August at the latest, as some folk have everything already bought and wrapped by September!

Oh...and Christmas cards are kept to a minimum, no more than 20 if I can help it.....I'm starting to cut those down too.

I expect you're all thinking I'm a miserable git......but I'm not.....honest

My dog does have a huge pillow case full of pressies tho'. He would be completely heartbroken if he woke up on Christmas morning with nothing from Santa Sad

Jeez....I'm waffling......I've just got back from the gym.....still full of endorphines lol.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 16:16 by Jubbahey

Our Art teacher at school told me she loves Xmas so much, she'd have it all year round.

Yes, she is a bit of a nutter as most artistic peeps are, but that would drive me to drink (at least more than usual)

Egg Nog ? is that Advokaat ? if so, I love it.

My Dad made some, it took ages. Put some fresh raw eggs in a bowl, cover them in vodka, add some suger and wait........and wait......and wait. Until the eggs shells have dissolved and then you just whisk it up and drink. I expected it to taste vile, but its rather smooth and quite delicious with a very small amount of lemonade with or even without it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 16:29 by Jubbahey

well, that says it all for me, over on V2, Tenez has made the short-list of Legendkillers awards article, twice.

Not surprising you may say, but to be nominated as the most informative and most argumentative poster doesn't quite add up, unless many of its members can not agree on which of those two he is.

For me, informative is next to ridiculous, unless a poster who is looking for an extreme biased point of view, with an exaggerated, hateful opinion of any player apart from Federer, then you can not get better than Tenez.
As for argumentative, that's also a no-no, as we all understand and acknowledge his petty, blinkered opinion that never sways no matter what kind of proof is set before him, I don't call this arguing a point, more badgering your view or pummelling everyone into surrender through the constant bullying of his sentiments.

But there again, as a representation of the tennis boards convictions and appreciations, I'm in a minority and obviously better off out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sun 4 Dec 2011 - 19:09 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:Our Art teacher at school told me she loves Xmas so much, she'd have it all year round.

pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 11:43 by Guest

Morning all Very Happy

I am so happy to be talking to you right now.

You see, first thing this morning I spilt a cup of lemon and ginger tea all over the computer keyboard, the whole friggin' lot!

Talk about panic....I was jumping about all over the place wondering what to do for the best.

It's a laptop, which we have on a desk, so I quickly turned it upside down and let the water drain out.....and turned it off.

I mopped all the water off it.....then blasted it with the hairdryer.

I put it back on.....everything was working....internet etc, even the mouse, but not the keyboard.....the caps lock light wouldn't come on.....I thought I'd killed it.

Anyway I unplugged it again and went to the gym......wondering how I was going to break the news to Mr Sol.......I'd already decided I was going to blame the dog, saying he'd tripped me up as I was walking towards the desk .

But miracle of miracles, I got home a few minutes ago and it's working perfectly....in fact I think it's speeded up our internet connection Very Happy

Trouble is I stupidly told all and sundry at the gym what happened.....and Mr Sol is an instructor there....so they'll probably tell him about it when he goes to work tonight .

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 19:26 by Jubbahey

You know what they say, Loose talk costs Lives !

I hope it was an old IBM lappie.

But ginger making the internet faster ? you could be on to an earner there, maybe later I'll try rubbing a chillie onto my dongle and see whats happens.... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post on Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 23:26 by Guest

good evening all

we are having both sons girlfriends for the first time this year and dear lotti the eldests is a vegetarian

so wisegal will have to make somthing different for her because we always have 4 meats lol

turkey pork beef and lamb yummmmmmmmmm

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 9:18 by Guest

good morning all

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 20:43 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote: maybe later I'll try rubbing a chillie onto my dongle and see whats happens.... lol!

Jubbs you're hilarious....do you know that?

Btw....it's only a cheap laptop....about £400. Still working perfectly, I'm glad to report.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 20:58 by Guest

wiseguy wrote:good evening all

we are having both sons girlfriends for the first time this year and dear lotti the eldests is a vegetarian

so wisegal will have to make somthing different for her because we always have 4 meats lol

turkey pork beef and lamb yummmmmmmmmm

Four meats?!!!

Mr Sol doesn't eat meat.....I do him some quorn mince and put it in a yorkshire pudding, then he has all the roast spuds, veg etc with it.

He's a builder and he's working in a butchers shop at the moment....he says the christmas orders people are making are unbelievable.....well over £100 some of them. Ka-ching!!....that's all he hears all day.

He's not very happy about being surrounded by so much dead meat while at work....but we need the money so he's got to put up with it

Anyway, me and Spaniel Sol will just be having turkey for our Christmas dinner Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 22:40 by Jubbahey

Lidl's doing a 4 bird roast or something, might try that out.

WiseGuy, Turkey's not a meat, its game....sorry, I always get pedantic this time of year. You could always chuck some Deer on the plate instead, if you believe the TV chefs, its supposed to be cheaper than we think.

Back to top Go down

Post on Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 19:47 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:
Egg Nog ? is that Advokaat ? if so, I love it.

My Dad made some, it took ages. Put some fresh raw eggs in a bowl, cover them in vodka, add some suger and wait........and wait......and wait. Until the eggs shells have dissolved and then you just whisk it up and drink. I expected it to taste vile, but its rather smooth and quite delicious with a very small amount of lemonade with or even without it.

ill Jubba that sounds revolting sorry, but you can't be serious about the egg shells dissolving thats just gross, yuk Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 11:06 by Jubbahey

I'm afraid its true, whole eggs, although no-one on the internet has given a recipe for eggs and shells. But that was definitely how my dad made it. It may have had some lemon juice in there, and I suppose the vodka kept the eggs from going off, but the whole thing looked unappetising until it was finished and it tasted great.

Have been an Advocaat advocate ever since teehee

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 18:00 by Guest

lol! Next time I'm in the supermarket I'm going to read the ingredients on the Advocaat label, and if it doesn't state raw eggs I'm going to complain to customer services that its not authentic as Jubba's dad used to make Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 18:25 by Guest

Is advocaat the same as egg flip?

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 19:13 by Jubbahey

Surprisingly MTS1, I saw a reference to exported Advocaat as having the shells included, unlike unexported, that's without.

Sol, as far as I can see, egg-nog has more spices but no egg shells, so is very similar in constitution. Haven't tried egg-nog, so can't give any opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post on Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 19:29 by Guest

Jubbahey wrote:
Sol, as far as I can see, egg-nog has more spices but no egg shells, so is very similar in constitution. Haven't tried egg-nog, so can't give any opinion.

Oh..right.
It's just that I remember being allowed an egg flip, at Christmas, when I was a child drunken

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum