Boris Becker on Andy Murray

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Boris Becker on Andy Murray

I always like listening to Boris' views on Andy Murray but his opinions change like the wind. In one report he writes off Andy's chances of ever winning a slam and then says that he is more than capable of winning one. Such as the differing views in the reports below:-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/15785738.stm (Before the WTF)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/15816404.stm (After the WTF)

Generally, though I find his opinions pretty much spot on with what Andy must do to win a slam.

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Boris Becker on Andy Murray :: Comments

Post on Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 17:52 by Guest

I think Boris is usually under a bit of pressure with the surrounding "Brits that want Andy to win one" usually in the background.

However we all know that if he " keeps the head" he certainly is well capable of winning one and 2012 may be his best chances to date considering the other top three - Novak burnt out, Fed too old & Rafa still recovering after Andy doing a BAGEL on him in Japan. teehee

Back to top Go down

Post on Fri 9 Dec 2011 - 22:12 by Guest

I'm not completely convinced that Novak is burnt out or Fed too old. I hope you are right - or better still, that Andy can win despite them still playing at a high level!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 8:45 by Guest

Decrepitude wrote:I'm not completely convinced that Novak is burnt out or Fed too old.

Me neither.

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 9:00 by Guest

Neither do I but I think there will be a few surprises thrown up next year with regards to the top players.

As for my original comments it was said "Tongue in cheek" as the smiley indicated Wink

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 11:49 by Guest

I thought the smiley only referred to the Rafa bagel comment!

Back to top Go down

Post on Sat 10 Dec 2011 - 12:05 by Guest

If (when) Andy wins his first slam I would prefer that the top players are playing great, otherwise the detractors (who will find fault anyway) will say he only won it because of .... or .... or. blah blah blah and more importantly who he was to win it against Fed (v2 would go mad), Nole(50/50), Rafa (50/50) Bring it on 2012 HappNY

Back to top Go down

Post  by Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum